Community of Scholars LLP
The Community of Scholars is a collaboration between the staff and faculty of the Lewis Honors College and members of the UK Residence Life staff. This living learning program (LLP) focuses on ensuring that every student finds an opportunity for engagement through participation in a variety of high-impact programs that promote interaction with other students, faculty, and staff.
Gain early access to room selection by APPLYING by March 1, 2023 (applications will continue to be accepted until May 19, 2023). Acceptance into the Community of Scholars does not indicate admission into the Lewis Honors College. The community is comprised of both honors and non-honors students who enjoy the following benefits:
- Live among like-minded students who prioritize studying
- 24-hour quiet study rooms with whiteboards on each floor
- Located across from the W.T. Young Library & dining locations on Central Campus
- Relaxation room designed for & in the Community of Scholars
- Monthly Honor the Balance events focused on self-care and stress management including yoga, painting, terrarium building, and chair massage
- Social events like movie nights, open mics, drum circles, silent discos, & holiday programs
- Lewis Lecture Series featuring nationally recognized guests each semester
- College major & minor exploration events to support academic & career planning
- Honors Resident Advisors & Peer Mentors serving on each floor
The goal for members of the Community of Scholars is to become lifelong learners as they aspire to maintain a balance of academics, well-being, and leadership in their communities and society beyond the UK experience. At the University of Kentucky, we believe it is our responsibility to prepare students for lives of meaning and purpose.
For questions or more information about the Community of Scholars, contact Lewis Honors College Director of College Life Kondwani Phwandaphwanda at email@example.com or 859-323-7561.