EdLife Scholars: This community offers two tracks, one for students interested in careers in Education and one for students who want to pursue careers in Health and Wellness. This residential program provides a special opportunity to be part of a close-knit community of students who share similar interests. Together, scholars will experience and explore the Lexington area, study together, and engage in community service. Student scholars will also have the opportunity to work with faculty mentors to participate in research related to the student's interests.
EdLife Scholars is for first year students who are pursuing undergraduate degrees at the University of Kentucky and are interested in education or health and wellness.
All EdLife Scholar students will enroll in one connected course in the fall semester (i.e., EPE 174 The College Student or KHP 151 An Introduction to Kinesiology and Health Promotion) and one connected course in the spring semester. The fall course will prepare students for academic success at the University of Kentucky. The spring course is designed to dive deeper into education topics or health and wellness topics, paired with the opportunity for a unique research experience.
EdLife scholars interested in education will live in Jewell Hall. EdLife scholars interested in health and wellness will live in Chellgran Hall.
EdLife Scholars will have the support of the Director of the LLP, who is available to provide mentoring and guidance to students as they build their community at UK. In addition, the EdLife Scholars Director organizes social and professional activities with the assistance of assigned peer mentors. These include:
- Interaction with peers and faculty through casual, non-academic social events on and off campus
- Connected courses with your community of EdLife Scholars
- Alumni mentoring program
- Engagement with EdLife Scholar Peer Mentors
- Programming dedicated to professional development, networking, and community building
- Career exploration and interaction within the community and school partnerships
- Healthy cooking demonstrations facilitated by UK Dining Services
- Early exposure to research experiences with faculty mentors
- The opportunity to make a small group presentation in UK’s Undergraduate Research Showcase
For additional information regarding EdLife Scholars, please contact Jenna DeMastes firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the College of Education, http://education.uky.edu