WELCOME TO THE RESIDENT INFORMATION FOLDER
Welcome to Graduate and Family Housing at the University of Kentucky! Please be sure to read the information contained in your “Resident Information Welcome” folder which you will receive when you check in. Feel free to contact us if you have questions after reading the information. We want your stay with us to be pleasant and conducive to achieving your academic goals.
We are the "home away from home" for a diverse population—take this unique opportunity to interact with others living in our communities!
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (excluding official University holidays)
Emergency Closings: Our office will delay opening or will be closed if the University announces a delay or closing.
Maintenance and Other Service
The FIXIT Call Center is staffed at all times—this office never closes. The telephone number is: 859-323-4948. The automated attendant will provide two options:
Press “1” for maintenance requests
Press “2” for ResNet (Internet service and cable television)
Always report problems as soon as they become apparent as this prevents small problems from becoming larger problems! Maintenance service is free of cost unless the problem is caused by misuse or abuse.
All automobiles must have a parking hangtag. The tag may be different depending on the location of the residential community. There is a charge for a parking permit. Contact UK Transportation Services for more information.
The University of Kentucky recognizes the bicycle as a vehicle and encourages bicycling as a mode of transportation. In an effort to provide the campus community with a safe, secure, and efficient cycling environment, the University requires bicyclists to observe established regulations for operating and parking bicycles on campus and strongly encourages cyclists to obtain and display a bicycle permit which is available at no charge. Bicycle racks should be used at all times; do not chain bikes to benches, trees, handrails, or telephone poles. As with cars, bikes can be impounded if they are parked in violation. Visit UK Transportation Services for more information.
Below are links to additional information that you need to know; please be sure you become familiar with these topics.
- Asbestos Fact Sheet
- Battery Management Fact Sheet
- Bicycling Basics
- Cleanliness Violations Procedure
- Community Cleaning Standards
- Community Room Agreement
- Compact Fluorscent Bulb Fact Sheet
- Crisis Management & Preparedness
- Drain Care
- Laundry Room Etiquette
- Laundry Guide and Instructions
- Mini Box Instructions UK Version
- Online Rent Payment Flyer
- Pest Control MSDS Bedlam-Plus SDS 6
- Pest Control MSDS Maxforce Quantum Ant Bait SDS6
- Pest Control MSDS Tempo Ultra WP Insecticide
- Pest Control MSDS Catchmaster
- Pest Control MSDS Vendetta PLUS-Cockroac-Gel-Bait SDS6
- Pest Control MSDS Temprid SC Insecticide SDS 6
- Pest Control MSDS Maxforce FC Magnum Roach Killer Bait Gel SDS
- Pest Control MSDS Phantom SDS6
- Pest Control MSDS Transport GHP SDS 6
- Pest Control MSDS Maxforce FC Select Prof Insect Control Roach Killer Bait Gen SDS 6
- Pest Control MSDS Talstar PL Granulat SDS 6
- Pest Control MSDS Transport Mikron SDS 6
- Pest Control MSDS Talstar Professional SDS 6
- Pest Control Schedule
- Recycling Flier 2-Sided LFUCG
- Recycle FOG Flyer
- Licensee Handbook
- ResNet Equipment Flyer
- Smelly Drains–How to Make Them Fresher!
- Telephone Service Information
- Tobacco-Free Boundaries
- Tobacco-Free Resources
- Walk Safe