A few spaces are available in some of the residence halls in the event you wish to submit a request to change rooms or residence halls. Only students who have moved into their initial room assignment will be eligible to change rooms.
Key Dates: (all dates are in 2018)
- Wednesday, September 12, at 11:59 p.m.: DEADLINE to request a room change.
- Friday, August 17: Room change request will be available online.
- August 17 to September 5: No room changes will take place.
- September 5 – September 19: Room changes will be processed through the Campus Housing office, as space becomes available.
To Request a Room Change:
- Log into myUK (http://myuk.uky.edu/irj/portal) using Link Blue credentials
- Select myinfo under the Student Services tab, then select Undergraduate Housing in the left hand side of the screen
- Select Application on the housing portal
- Select Fall 2018-Spring 2019 application and then click Continue
- Select Room Change Request step, then select the building you would like from the drop down menu and click Search
- Highlight the building so that it turns orange and click Select
- You will then see a screen that indicates that you are successfully on the waitlist
- You can put your name on the waitlist for up to 3 buildings by repeating steps 5 and 6
An Assignments Coordinator will contact you at your official UK email address or cell-phone number to assist you in the room change process.
Once you are contacted, you have 48 hours to respond in order for your room change request to remain active. If you do not respond within 48 hours, your name will be removed from the room change request process.
Once your room change request has been approved, you will have 72 hours to check out of your current space and into your new space.
Contact the Campus Housing Office for any questions regarding the room change process.