UK HealthCare – Turfland is a vibrant health care center. This property’s rich history dates to the late 1960s when it first began to bustle with activity as Lexington’s first enclosed shopping center, Turfland Mall. While the once-busy mall eventually faded into dormancy, this Lexington landmark reawakened to a new chapter in Spring 2015 with the opening of UK HealthCare – Turfland in the location many Lexingtonians will remember as McAlpin’s department store.
Today, you will see a hub of activity all revolving around caring for patients. From primary care to specialty care, our Turfland clinics and staff are here to serve the needs of our community. When UK HealthCare – Turfland first opened, occupying 80,000-square-feet, services included Family & Community Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery & Sports Medicine, Sports Rehabilitation, Dentistry, Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center, Advanced Eye Care, and other key services, including Pharmacy, Lab and Radiology.
In the past five years, the property has been modified and renovated, but a singular goal endures: Create a space that embodies our ideal for the patients’ continuum of care. First, a restful outdoor space greets our patients who travel from long distances and gives kids a place to be kids before they come inside. A new covered drop-off at the front door leads you into the main registration desk and behind that is primary care, centered to feed out to other specialty clinics and services on both the first and second floor.
Now, in spring 2021, UK HealthCare – Turfland is doubling in size to about 160,000 square feet and is expanding services in our beautifully renovated space.
New services opening on the second floor include:
- UK HealthCare Hand Center: This team of highly qualified specialists is dedicated to the management and treatment of hand and upper extremity conditions. Fellowship-trained hand surgeons address any hand, wrist or forearm condition caused by traumatic, arthritic or repetitive work issues in patients of all ages. Skilled Hand Therapy is also located in the Center to immediately address your hand concerns.
- Opthalmology and Optical Shop: At this location, UK Advanced Eye Care provides primary eye care for children and adults. Our providers will check your eye health and evaluate your risk for various eye diseases as well as your need for corrective eye wear. Contact lens fitting is also offered. Our new optical shop is a great place to pick out new frames or buy a pair of prescription sunglasses.
- Pediatric Ear, Nose & Throat: Our pediatric fellowship-trained physicians provide high-quality, family-centered care for your child’s ear, nose and throat needs. Our surgeons perform more than 2,000 surgeries each year and can provide expert, compassionate care for everything from routine procedures to complex issues.
- Child Neurology: This program is a component of the widely recognized Kentucky Neuroscience Institute. Providers treat pediatric patients with epilepsy, stroke, developmental disorders, headache and much more.
- Audiology: This second location for Audiology will offer limited services. This location will provide pediatric hearing evaluations as well as adult and child hearing aids.
- UK HealthCare Weight Loss Surgery: This clinic is focused on helping patients reach their weight loss goals through surgical intervention for patients who qualify. Our experienced surgical team offers minimally invasive, laparoscopic gastric bypass sleeve and gastrectomy procedures. We also help patients who wish to convert to these options from a gastric band.
- UK Plastic Surgery: This group of highly trained and specialized surgeons treat the skin and its contents to help with reconstruction to restore function and appearance.
- UK HealthCare Aesthetics Center: The experts at UK HealthCare Aesthetics Center can help you create the look you desire – whether it’s improving skin tone and texture, reducing fine lines and wrinkles or getting ready for summer with surgical rejuvenation. Our experts provide both surgical and nonsurgical treatment options, including BOTOX, fillers, laser therapy, and skin care products.
- Markey Cancer Center at Lexington Clinic: At this medical oncology/hematology practice, patients can receive chemotherapy treatments and see their hematologist/oncologist in a warm, comfortable setting. Our collaboration with Lexington Clinic allows patients to receive advanced cancer care and access to clinical trials close to home.
A UK HealthCare – Turfland, you can receive comprehensive healthcare services. See your primary care provider, follow-up with a specialist, obtain lab work, X-rays or MRIs and even pick up prescriptions – all in one convenient location. Learn more: ukhealthcare.uky.edu/turfland.