Reasons to Consider STEPS Temporary Employment
- You're looking for regular full-time employment. STEPS could be a foot in the door! Some employees are able to transition into full-time positions after successfully compelting a STEPS assignment.
- You are retired and are still interested in being a part of the UK community by engaging in meaningful work.
- You are not interested in full-time hours; many part-time positions are available through STEPS.
- You are interested in further exploring a field and you would like to gain work experience.
- You are available for seasonal employment or a short time-frame; many positions are flexible in the length of the contract.
While STEPS Temporary employees are not eligible for the regular benefits offered to full-time employees, there are several perks to working at UK with STEPS:
- There will not typically be overtime and if you are authorized to work overtime with STEPS you will be paid at one and one-half times your wage rate.
- You may be eligible to participate in one of UK's health plans as a STEPS employee.
- You may be eligible to participate in Health & Wellness programming.