All new staff within UKHC (Chandler Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, Ambulatory Services) must complete the following:
- UK New Employee Orientation and UK HealthCare New Employee Orientation -- must be taken within 30 days of hire by all regular full-time and part-time staff receiving benefits from the University.
- Register and complete the two WBTs (Web Based Trainings)
- UKHC HIPAA, Compliance and IT Security for New Employees -- must be taken within the first 30 days of employment
- Discrimination, Harassment and Sexual Misconduct: What you need to know
- Register for and attend UKHC New Employee Patient Centeredness class
UKHC Supervisory and Leadership Development
- All newly hired supervisors, managers, directors and administrators are required to complete all requirements for any newly hired staff person, within 30 days of hire.
- All supervisors, managers, directors, and administrators within the University are required, within 90 days of hire or promotion, to attend University SuperVision, a program presented by Human Resources Development.
- In addition, all newly hired or promoted supervisors, managers, directors, and administrators within UKHC are required to complete the UK HealthCare New Leader Academy series between the 3rd and 12th month of assuming the supervisory position.
Required annual retraining for all hospital staffSafety Education
Safety modules are annually assigned to all UKHC staff through myUK. The web-based training must be completed by the assigned completion date every year. Job-specific safety training must be provided by your hiring department. The following safety modules are annually assigned to all hospital staff through myUK. The web based training must be completed by the assigned completion date every year.
- Safety WBTs
- Abuse and Neglect Update
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Cultural Awareness and Sensitivity
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Downtime Procedures
- HIPAA, Compliance and IT Security
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Mission, Vision and Values
- Patient Experience
- Workplace Safety and Emergency Mgmt