COVID-19 response update
On April 21, 2020, President Eli Capilouto announced actions the University is taking to address budget challenges as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. These changes include delaying two initiatives:
- Expansion of our paid temporary disability leave policies
- Automatic enrollment of all eligible new hires into our matching retirement savings plan
The University will move forward with increasing the minimum start rate for regular staff employees to $12.50 per hour.
On December 19, 2019, President Eli Capilouto announced changes to our benefits to advance the University's efforts to remain an employer of choice in our region, in higher education and in health care. Enhancing our benefits keeps us competitive in a time of low unemployment.
These initiatives include:
- Increasing the University’s minimum start rate for regular staff employees to $12.50 per hour beginning July 1, 2020
- Automatically enrolling all eligible new hires in our matching retirement savings plan, regardless of age, beginning July 1, 2020, pending Board approval
- Increasing staff access to temporary disability leave (sick leave) for childbirth, adoption or foster care; and for up to two personal well-being days each fiscal year, beginning January 1, 2020
Below are frequently asked questions about these initiatives. You can also view a video of President Capilouto discussing these changes.