In April 1970, Apollo 13 made its ill-fated mission to the Moon. Although the landing was cancelled, the mission has been called the "most successful failure" of recent times. During this seminar, we will study the mission events in view of the leadership and problem solving skills demonstrated. By the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Discern the leadership elements displayed by Ground Control Command.
- Discern the leadership elements displayed by the Apollo mission astronauts.
- Note appropriate use of team behavior.
- Note creative problem solving techniques.
- Plan to apply learning to individual workplace.