In order to understand diversity, it is important to understand how individuals are different. We must explore the four major layers and all the dimensions we all have in order to identify our biases towards other individuals. In order to build and sustain trust in the workplace, we must move beyond the fear of not knowing what to expect to creating an environment that expects and encourages the greatest contribution from all employees.
This session is designed to help participants to:
- Define diversity.
- Identify personal biases.
- Identify the dimensions of diversity.
- Understand the System of Advantage.
- Examine her/his own cultural background.
- Develop personal steps to appreciate differences.