Business etiquette is about presenting yourself in a way that shows you keep an open mind and maintain open and honest communication, and that you stick to your convictions as diplomatically as possible. More than choosing the right fork or placing your napkin on the chair when getting up from the table, etiquette is a way of treating people with consideration, respect, and honesty - something we should all strive for. This class is designed to discuss and practice strategies to:
- Determine the difference between social and business etiquette.
- Identify ways proper etiquette can benefit the individual as well as the organization.
- Demonstrate behavior in the workplace that shows respect and consideration for others.
- Develop proper guidelines to communicate with others in face-to-face, phone, and written interactions.
- Model acceptable manners during business meetings or dining occasions.