Policies and procedures are critical to the operations of an institution such as the University of Kentucky. This session will present an overview and explanation of the University's Human Resources Policies and Procedures. Participants will be exposed to the various reasons why the established policies and procedures are essential to the operations of the University of Kentucky. A thorough understanding and working knowledge of the policies and procedures is necessary in order to become an effective supervisor. Objectives:
- To define policy, procedure and standard.
- To explain why the development and enforcement of policies and procedures are important to all University employees.
- To examine the relationship between the University's policies and procedures and local, state and federal laws.
- To provide an overview of the Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- To increase awareness of campus resources for policy interpretation.