Because everyone has different learning styles and worksite locations, we offer a track to complete SuperVision 100% online. While we also typically offer in-person sessions, these are currently unavailable as part of the University's COVID-19 response.
Our classroom sessions will be conducted at Scovell Hall. Participants will have the opportunity to interact and network with other University supervisors.
Web-based Classes (WB)
Our self-paced, web-based SuperVision classes will allow participants to complete the training session from the convenience of their office, home, or any location where they have a computer with speakers. To ensure you are using one of the approved SAP web browsers, please check the messages that appear when you launch myUK Learning.
If you have trouble viewing a WBT, please try these suggestions before contacting LearningandPerformance@uky.edu for assistance.
- Enable pop-ups
- Clear the temporary files/cache for your web browser
- Shut down and restart the machine
Add the following as trusted sites:
- Shut down and restart the machine.
Virtual Classroom (VC)
Our virtual SuperVision courses will also allow participants to complete the training session from the convenience of their office, home or any location where they have a computer and speakers. The speakers are needed to hear the instructor as they conduct the class. These virtual sessions are instructor-led and will be scheduled for a specific day and time.
The registration and reminder emails you receive from myUK Learning will contain information about any pre-work, meeting link and handouts. Please make sure you print any handouts and participant guides associated with the class.
Virtual Classroom with pre-work
A few of our virtual sessions have pre-work videos that need to be viewed prior to attending the virtual sessions. These videos can be found within myUK Learning in the Overview tab of the course.
A few days prior to the session
To ensure your device and network connections are properly configured to attend the training, test your connection by clicking this link.
- If the test passes successfully, you are ready for the meeting.
- If the test fails, you will need to contact your local IT support for assistance. Provide them with the information from the connection test results.
Day of the virtual session
- Locate the registration or reminder email you received from myUK Learning and click on the training link to access the virtual SuperVision session.
- Close out email and any additional applications you might have open on your computer. This helps keep other applications from interfering with the training session.
- Please begin the login in process approximately 5-10 minutes prior to the session start time. This will allow time for accessing the virtual meeting room.