How To Donate

There are two ways to donate to the C.R.I.S.I.S. program:

  1. Through payroll deduction - Complete THIS form and send to the Gift Receiving Office, 343 Waller Avenue, Suite 303, Lexington, KY 40504-2912.
  2. By personal check - Mail your check payable to UK CRISIS Program to the Office of Development, William B. Sturgill Development Building, Lexington, KY 40506-0015. 

To stop a recurring Payroll Deduction, complete THIS form and send to the Gift Receiving Office, 343 Waller Avenue, Suite 303, Lexington, KY 40504-2912.  

Please consult your tax advisor regarding the tax benefits associated with your gift donation. Beneficiaries of C.R.I.S.I.S. assistance should consult with their tax advisor to determine whether the grant constitutes taxable income.

How to Request CRISIS Assistance

To be considered for assistance:

  • meet one of the qualifying criteria (see below)
  • fill out a CRISIS application
  • turn in the application and supporting documents to Todd M. Macaulay, Financial Counselor, 115 Scovell Hall, CAMPUS 0064.

Qualifying Needs

  • Threat of essential utilities being turned off, such as electric, water or gas.
  • No pay status due to recovery from injury, illness, or surgery.
  • No pay status due to caregiver responsibilities for a family member or sponsored dependent. HR definition of a family member/sponsored dependent: Spouse, Child, Grandchild, Mother/Father, Grandmother/Grandfather, Brother/Sister, Legal dependent of the employee, and another who resides in the employee's household and for whom the employee has an obligation to provide care. (Note - the above includes steps, halves and in-laws of the same relationship).
  • Loss of dwelling or household furnishings due to fire, act of nature or eviction notice.
  • A major unexpected expense

Applications for assistance must be for immediate needs only. No previous or anticipated expenses shall be considered. Only one award per employee per a 12-month period shall be given. The amount awarded shall not exceed $500, and shall be distributed to the appropriate parties. Funds will not be given directly to employees.