Reporting Abuse

As a UK student, faculty or staff member, if you ever suspect or witness an IT, computer or network security incident (or cyber-related crime) on campus or involving UK digital assets or if you are ever a victim of an IT, computer or network security incident, you are required to report such incidents.  Please refer to ISPO-9.0 Security Breach Notification Policy for additional information.


UKAT Security Services

You can also report incidents to and have questions addressed about electronic information, policies, email accounts, spam and campus-wide IT security by contacting the UKAT Customer Service Center.

UKAT Customer Service Center, 859-218-HELP (4357)

Got spam?

Any email that you believe is spam should be forwarded as an attachment to

Learn the Warning Signs of Phishing Emails

The number of phishing emails targeted towards UK employees has been increasing. Phishing is the malicious act of sending emails with the intent of gaining the user’s private information for the purpose of stealing one’s identity theft and stealing money. These phishing emails can also be used as stepping stones to launch further cyber-attacks against you and the University.

Click here to learn more about identifying phishing email and what to do if you receive one.

Copyright Infringement?

If you believe your copyrighted work is being infringed upon by the University of Kentucky, please notify UK’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) contact, UKAT Security Services' copyright email address,  Please also provide the following information:

  • a description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed,
  • a description of where and how the work is being used,
  • evidence that you are either the copyright owner of the work I question or that you have the authority to act on behalf of the owner,
  • contact information including name, organization, address, telephone number and email address, and
  • a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or of the person/entity that is authorized to act on behalf of the owner.


859-218-HELP (859-218-4357)