Your Science Olympiad membership gives you access to opportunity!
Since 1985, Science Olympiad has required that all teams (up to 15 members) competing in any Science Olympiad tournament (Invitational, Regional, State or National) must be a member of Science Olympiad and pay the national fee (currently $60). There is no exception to this requirement, regardless of what a single team or multiple team from the same school is called (Varsity, Junior Varsity, Alternate Team, Extra Team, Team Two, Team B, etc.). If a school does permit multiple teams from the same school, Science Olympiad recommends that the best team or at least the best members from the school be permitted to advance to the next level of competition. No school, region or state Science Olympiad organization is allowed to alter or amend these national membership requirements. Please see the Science Olympiad Copyright Statement outlining use of Science Olympiad Rules and procedures at sanctioned tournaments. No part of the National membership fee has been used to pay for the Science Olympiad National Tournament or administrative office expenses, which are generously supplied by sponsors, contributions, host institutions, thousands of volunteers and other income.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Each team may use the official Science Olympiad Rules Manual - developed by the six Rules Committees which meet, plan and write year-round; aligned to the National Education Science Standards
- Each team receives eligibility to participate in Local, Invitational, and advancing Regional, State and National Tournaments
- Each team is provided access to resources on the national Science Olympiad web site, including Power Point presentations, sample tests, videos, surveys and the Frequently Asked Questions forum
- Each team is provided the opportunity to win scholarships (more than $3M redeemed to date)
- Each sanctioned Science Olympiad tournament is granted access to the $1M Science Olympiad Chapter and Club Liability Policy
- Each state receives first, second and third place medals and trophies free from Science Olympiad
- Each state organization receives training and materials throughout the year and at the annual three-day State Directors and Event Supervisors Meeting (room, board and materials courtesy of Science Olympiad)
- Each state organization receives marketing materials such as brochures, grant templates, press articles, administrative materials
- Each state organization receives public relations, grant-writing assistance, director communication, national policy writing and sponsor reports
- Each state organization and its members benefit from Science Olympiad National Partnerships and Sponsors, which provide workshop presenters, free equipment and technology, dedicated web sites, educational resources, DVDs, books, school visits, access to grant programs, free trips and awards, national publicity, in-kind support, event supervision and regional funding