- The NSF Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) programs sponsor students to conduct research during the summer at locations across the country as well as at international destinations. To search REU opportunities, go to http://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/reu_search.jsp
- The US Department of Energy offers Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internships (SULI). http://science.energy.gov/wdts/suli/
- The Institute for Broadening Participation provides an opportunities search engine for students interested in STEM majors and careers as well as K-12 teachers. The Pathways to Science database includes over 1500 programs in a multitude of fields and levels. http://www.pathwaystoscience.org/Programs.aspx
- The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) is an amazing funding opportunity for graduate study. http://www.nsfgrfp.org/
- NASA has a One-Stop-Shopping Initiative in which you can complete one application to be considered for many internship opportunities. https://intern.nasa.gov/index.html
- The Organization for Tropical Studies (OTS) has summer internship programs for LSAMP Scholars. Participants spend the summer (8-9 weeks) on research stations in Costa Rica conducting research with faculty mentors. Participants are provided travel, room and board, a stipend, and a small budget for research supplies. Short Video of participants Application Deadline February 7, 2019 https://tropicalstudies.org/course/reu/
- The National Conferences on Undergraduate Research (NCUR), established in 1987, is dedicated to promoting undergraduate research, scholarship, and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. Unlike meetings of academic professional organizations, this gathering of young scholars welcomes presenters from all institutions of higher learning and from all corners of the academic curriculum. Through this annual conference, NCUR creates a unique environment for the celebration and promotion of undergraduate student achievement, provides models of exemplary research and scholarship, and helps to improve the state of undergraduate education. https://www.cur.org/conferences_and_events/student_events/ncur/
- NCUR 2018 was at the University of Central Oklahoma in Edmond, OK, April 4-7. https://www.cur.org/conferences_and_events/student_events/ncur_2018/
- NCUR 2019 will be at Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA. http://www.cur.org/what/events/students/ncur/2019/
- NCUR 2020 was cancelled due to COVID
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT.
- NCUR 2021 was virtual
at the University of California, Long Beach, CA.
- NCUR 2022 will be virtual/at Home. https://www.cur.org/what/events/students/ncur/2022/ncur_2022/