Posted: February 2, 2021
Pictured above left to right are Danielle Duncan (BSN 2020), Delanor Manson (BSN 1978)
Congratulations to University of Kentucky College of Nursing alumni Danielle Duncan and Kentucky Nurses Association Delanor Manson for receiving the Lyman T. Johnson Torch Bearer and Torch of Excellence awards, respectively.
The University of Kentucky Alumni Association Lyman T. Johnson African American Alumni Group, in partnership with the UK Office for Institutional Diversity, will host the 30th annual Lyman T. Johnson Torch Bearer and Torch of Excellence awards via Facebook Live at noon Monday, Feb. 1. The program honors and celebrates African American students and alumni from each college who epitomize the ideals of Lyman T. Johnson.
UK’s academic colleges select alumni whose faith, hard work and determination have positively affected the lives of people on the UK campus, the city, state or nation. These individuals receive the Lyman T. Johnson Torch of Excellence Award. These colleges also choose students within their respective college whose academic achievement and ability to impact the lives of others would warrant them to receive the Lyman T. Johnson Torch Bearer Award.
To watch this year’s awards presentation, visit the UK Alumni Association’s Facebook page.
Learn more about the Lyman T. Johnson award and each recipient in the 2021 LTJ Program.
This year’s award winners are:
College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Torch Bearer: Jahqethea Johnson
- Torch of Excellence: Tiffany Monroe
College of Arts and Sciences
- Torch Bearer: Jacob Barnes, Trinity Houston, Pasama Cole-Kweli, Jillean McCommons, Jordan Ashlee McCray, Kayla Woodson
- Torch of Excellence: Eunique Gaither, Aretina Hamilton, Ursula Mullins
Gatton College of Business and Economics
- Torch Bearer: Ariel Brent
- Torch of Excellence: Erica Miles
College of Communication and Information
- Torch Bearer: Akhira Umar
- Torch of Excellence: DeBraun Thomas
College of Dentistry
- Torch Bearer: Udechukwu Ideduru
- Torch of Excellence: Dr. Linda Larkin-Scott
College of Education
- Torch Bearer: Heather Cowherd
- Torch of Excellence: Felicia C. Smith
College of Engineering
- Torch Bearer: K’Lynn King
- Torch of Excellence: Tracy Drain
College of Fine Arts
- Torch Bearer: Moniece La’Shay Mosely
- Torch of Excellence: Key’Mon Murrah
College of Health Sciences
- Torch Bearer: Isaiah Jones
- Torch of Excellence: Brandon Reeves
J. David Rosenberg College of Law
- Torch Bearer: Maya S. Marshall
- Torch of Excellence: Steven S. Reed
College of Nursing
- Torch Bearer: Danielle Duncan
- Torch of Excellence: Delanor Manson
College of Pharmacy
- Torch Bearer: Anisa Moore
- Torch of Excellence: William Ifeachor
College of Public Health
- Torch Bearer: Kayla Dougherty
- Torch of Excellence: Sydney S. Taylor
College of Social Work
- Torch Bearer: Shawndaya Thrasher
- Torch of Excellence: Shaniek Tose
The Graduate School
- Torch Bearer: Kevely Dumay
- Torch of Excellence: Jeana Dunlap
Lewis Honors College
- Torch Bearer: Khari Gardner
- Torch of Excellence: Tracy Drain
To learn more about the UK Alumni Association Lyman T. Johnson African American Alumni Group, visit ukalumni.net/LTJ. For information, contact Katie Schaffer at Kathryn.Schaffer@uky.edu or 859-257-7172.
The UK Alumni Association is committed to fostering lifelong engagement among alumni, friends, the association and the university. For more information about the UK Alumni Association, visit ukalumni.net or call 800-269-2586.
The above article was written by Meredith Weber for UKNow.