Posted: January 26, 2022
Members of the UK College of Nursing Community,
Amid the dynamic circumstances surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), your health, safety, and well-being remain our top priority at all times. We are also committed to our students' education and are working closely with the University and the Kentucky Board of Nursing to ensure our alternative teaching and clinical/evaluation methods are appropriate for course completion and graduation.
College of Nursing COVID-19 Academic Plan
In addition to the University's COVID-19 plan, the College of Nursing has developed a supplementary COVID-19 Academic Plan for the Spring 2022 semester (last updated Jan. 6, 2022). It includes helpful information for faculty, staff, and students on classroom protocol, vaccinations, infection prevention and control, the Simulation Lab protocol, and more.
College of Nursing Building
- The College of Nursing Building is open during regular business hours M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Face coverings are required in all indoor spaces where people can gather in the College of Nursing building and all other University and UK HealthCare buildings.
For any information not outlined on this webpage or in the College of Nursing COVID-19 Academic Plan, please visit the University's Spring 2022 COVID-19 Playbook website.
COVID-19: testing and vaccinations
The University offers free COVID-19 testing and vaccinations to all students and employees. Please follow the links below for more details.
College of Nursing COVID-19 contact: If you are a College of Nursing student or know a student with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test, please contact Dr. Karen Butler, Assistant Dean for Academic Operations, at 859-492-3496.
UK's Vaccine Incentive Program
Vaccinated University of Kentucky employees and students who receive COVID-19 booster doses can enter to win cash prizes through the University’s vaccine incentive program.
From Feb. 1 through April 29, ten $500 cash awards will be distributed to employees and ten $500 General Education Scholarships will be distributed to students.
- To register as an employee, go to Employee Vaccination Incentive Program.
- To register as a student, go to Student Vaccination Incentive Program.
- For questions regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, face covering requirements or any other protocols, please contact UK HealthCorps at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please direct any College of Nursing COVID-19 related questions to Dr. Karen Butler, Assistant Dean for Academic Operations, at 859-492-3496.
Spice up your zoom backgrounds with a College of Nursing theme. Go to https://bit.ly/CONZoomBackgrounds for a selection of themes to download.