Posted: March 11, 2020
**Last updated: Feb. 25, 2021
Members of the UK College of Nursing Community,
Amid the dynamic circumstances surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), your health, safety, and well-being remain our top priority at all times.
We are also committed to our students' education and are working closely with the University and the Kentucky Board of Nursing to ensure our alternative teaching and clinical/evaluation methods are appropriate for course completion and graduation.
Updates to this page are fluid and will occur as soon as information is available.
College of Nursing COVID-19 Vaccination Efforts
The UK College of Nursing is proud to be a part of UK and UK HealthCare's community COVID-19 vaccination efforts. Visit our vaccination page to learn more about our efforts to date, how to volunteer, how to request a vaccine and more.
College of Nursing COVID-19 Academic Plan
In addition to the University's COVID-19 plan, the College of Nursing has developed a supplementary COVID-19 Academic Plan for the Spring 2021 semester. It includes helpful information for faculty, staff, and students on classroom protocol, infection prevention and control, the Simulation Lab protocol, and more.
COVID-19: Symptoms & testing
- The University offers free COVID-19 testing to all students and employees. If you are experiencing symptoms, please follow on of the below links to learn more.
- College of Nursing COVID-19 contact: If you are a College of Nursing student or know a student with COVID-19 symptoms or a positive COVID-19 test, please contact Dr. Karen Butler, Assistant Dean for Academic Operations, at 859-492-3496.
- Student COVID-19 testing and screenings
- Go to learnanywhere.uky.edu for all the tools available for students to complete their studies at home
- For 24/7 technical assistance, students may contact ITS Customer Services at 859-218-HELP (4357) or visit the Technology Help Center at techhelpcenter.uky.edu. For assistance with non-urgent matters, email email@example.com
Faculty & Staff
Working from home/alternative work schedules
It is the University’s expectation that most employees will work remotely for the foreseeable future, and unless advised otherwise.
- Some employees in essential positions such as health care, public safety, utilities, maintenance, core business operations, and vital research will need to report to work as usual. Please contact your supervisor for questions regarding essential positions.
- The College of Nursing leaders and supervisors will be as flexible as possible with employees' work/schedule needs during this time.
Employees working from home need to update their information on myUK Employee Self Service. This is important for two reasons:
- To ensure occupational taxes are assessed and collected accurately for individuals working outside of Fayette County*
- Remote employees, identified by having a remote work address, will be excluded from the daily attestation requirement for individuals reporting to campus. Individuals who will report to campus must complete the daily attestation before coming to campus and will be reminded on a daily basis. Employees who fail to complete the attestation after three consecutive days will appear on a report sent to the appropriate senior leader.
Note: Employees working remotely outside of Fayette county also need to follow these steps to submit an updated tax form.
- Complete the Local City Tax Form - Work Location.
- Sign it electronically.
- Email the form directly to your Payroll Analyst listed below, identified by the first letter of your last name.
- Payroll Analysts: A-D and Z: Renee Dyer, E-K: Ashley Bertram, L-R: Kim King, S-Y: Scott Dills
- Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the number of staff working remotely, your Business Officer will not be required to sign the tax form. If you have questions, please contact your Payroll Analyst.
College of Nursing Business Office
- Mail and deliveries will be managed by a limited staff group.
- Orders: Please hold all nonessential orders. If you have questions regarding an order, contact Christie Henson
- If checks are received, please contact Christie Henson as procedures are changing rapidly
- Payroll: STEPS timesheets can be signed electronically and sent to Shannon Ferguson; if assistance is needed on the electronic signature contact Christie Henson
College of Nursing Building
- The College of Nursing Building will be closed from Dec. 20, 2020 - Jan. 1, 2021, for the holiday. The building will reopen with limited hours beginning Jan. 4, 2021.
- Masks are required upon entry and are required to be worn anywhere outside of your office (i.e. hallways, bathrooms, classrooms). All people who enter the building are also expected to practice physical distancing at all times.
- All University-sponsored or endorsed international travel is suspended indefinitely.
- All University-sponsored or endorsed domestic travel is strongly discouraged.
Spice up your zoom backgrounds with a College of Nursing theme. Go to https://bit.ly/CONZoomBackgrounds for a selection of themes to download.
As both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Governor have advised, in-person events will be canceled or postponed until further notice. Organizations may continue to meet remotely when possible.
- Please direct any College of Nursing COVID-19 related questions to Dr. Karen Butler, Assistant Dean for Academic Operations, at 859-492-3496.