Pictured above are members of the Dean's Diversity and Incusivity Ambassadors Council
The University of Kentucky College of Nursing embraces diversity and inclusion as core values that support our goal of providing an intellectually stimulating environment where a variety of ideas and perspectives work together to foster innovation.
The UK CON's commitment to diversity is represented in many ways, and most notably through the work of both the CON Diversity and Inclusivity Ambassadors Council and the CON's Diversity and Inclusivity Dean's Advisory Board.
CON Diversity and Inclusivity Ambassadors Council
The purposes of the council are to:
- Providing advice and counsel, collectively and individually, to the dean on issues related to diversity and inclusivity.
- Participate in selected College of Nursing diversity and inclusivity initiatives.
- Increase awareness of the College of Nursing in Lexington and Kentucky.
- Serve as an advocacy network and ambassadors for the College of Nursing.
Council members include:
Dr. Evelyn Parrish, Council director, CON faculty; Brittany Fiero, CON staff; Zac Schmidt, CON staff; Kathy Collins, CON staff; Sophia Weathers, CON staff; Dr. Lovoria Williams, CON faculty; Dr. Jean Edwards, CON faculty; Dr. Ana Maria Linares, CON faculty; Danielle Duncan, CON student; Corinna Hughes, CON student
CON Dean's Diversity and Inclusivity Advisory Board
The purposes of the board are to:
- Provide advice to the Dean and the Director of Diversity and Inclusivity on issues related to diversifying the college of nursing community, including students, faculty, and staff.
- Participate in CON initiatives that are directly related to the CON mission related to D&I to include but not limited to: faculty search committees, admissions committees, strategic planning, and grant writing.
- Initiate, conduct and participate in activities that promote an environment where all CON faculty, staff, students and visitors feel recognized, respected and welcomed.
Board members include:
Terry Allen, Brittany Fiero, Corinna Hughes, Carlos Marin, Rosa Martin, Morgan Murray, Evelyn Parrish, Ruben Perez, Tukea Talbert
Tea with the Dean
Each semester Dean Janie Heath and Dr. Evelyn Parrish, director of the D&I Ambassadors Council, select several underrepresented minority students within the college to meet and discuss their experiences at the college. The students are encouraged to share their views on what's working well and what needs to be improved upon in the areas of diversity and inclusivity.
Martin Luther King Center
Center for Graduate and Professional Diversity Initiatives
Bias Incident Support Services
First Generation Student Advising
Office for Institutional Diversity