In just a few weeks, you can earn a certificate as a Kentucky Medicaid Program Approved Nurse Aide! We provide evening and daytime classes that will prepare you to work as a long-term care nurse. This course also fulfills the nursing school requirements for University of Kentucky College of Nursing.
- Immunization and TB screening: All immunization and TB screening requirements must be met before the first day of class. Students who do not have these requirements met by the first day of class will forfeit the class without refund. Please note that influenza vaccines are now required!
- Criminal Background Check: All applicants must have a completed background check from the website www.castlebranch.com. We will contact you with more information on this requirement if you are accepted into the class.
- International Students and Non-Native English Speakers: If English is not your native language, a TOEFL score of at least 220 (computer version) or 90 cumulative (iBT: Internet based) is required to process your application. Please contact www.toefl.org to schedule test or request scores. Please send an unofficial transcript that includes your TOEFL scores. This class requires advanced English language skills and we want to ensure you can succeed in the class.
Registration and Tuition
Register Early! Classes fill quickly. Students missing the first class will lose their spot in the class. If a class is filled and you would like to be put on our waiting list, please email Aimee.Hatfield@uky.edu. Classes are subject to cancelation if a minimum number of registrants is not achieved. In this event, registration fees may be refunded or applied to a future class date. Registration is not considered complete until payment is made in full. If you have not paid for the course you are not guaranteed placement in the class. Class dates cannot be changed after initial registration
BLS (Basic Life Support) Training
The UK College of Nursing requires BLS certification from the American Heart Association for acceptance into the nursing program. Most nursing homes and hospitals require BLS training for nurse aides. If you already have a current BLS certification you do not need to take it again with the SRNA course.
SRNA (State Registered Nursing Aide) Classes
SRNA at University of Kentucky Dates:
- February 17 – March 19, 2020 ** Classes continue over Spring Break. **
- March 23 – April 23, 2020
- Summer Sessions: TBD
Class location (except clinicals): UK College of Nursing, 4th Floor, Rooms 401 and 403.
** Please note this course is held on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 5:30pm – 9:30pm.
SRNA at Lexington Veteran Affairs Dates:
** Class will NOT meet on the following Federal Holidays: Martin Luther King Jr. Day, January 20, 2020, or on Presidents’ Day, February 17, 2020. **
Class location for theory: Lexington VA: Sousley Campus, Building 17, 1st Floor, Room 125
Class location for supervised clinical practice: Lexington VA, Sousley Campus, Building 17, 2nd Floor, Room 204.
** Please note this course is held on Mondays from 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Cost and Refund Policies
- If you plan to take the state test, you will pay a $75 test fee to the testing site you select. This is not included in the cost of the course.
- Credit card, cash or money order all accepted. Make money orders payable to University of Kentucky
- If you are choosing to "pay by check" as your method of payment, then all check payments are due 1 week prior to the class start date.
- Any applicant who drops the class at least seven days prior to the first day of class will receive a refund. No refunds are given within seven days of the beginning of the course or after the course begins.
- Placement in the course cannot be guaranteed until cleared funds are received by the College of Nursing. Cleared funds are credit or debit card, money order or banker's check payments only.
Academic Year 2018-2019
SRNA Class with Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
SRNA Class without Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
- Transportation to the class and clinical site
- Purchase of textbook and clinical supplies
- Attend all class sessions including clinicals. This class is very intensive and there is no time to make up missed course time, therefore, attendance is mandatory for all classes and clinicals.
- Meeting all TB test, Background Check, and Immunization Requirements
Contact Information: Aimee Hatfield (859) 323-3851 or email at Aimee.Hatfield@uky.edu