SRNA at University of Kentucky Dates:
Two-week Summer Sessions 2021:
- May 24 - June 4, 2021 **Class is full**
- June 7 - June 18, 2021 **Class is full**
- June 21 - July 2, 2021 **Class is full**
- July 12 - July 23, 2021 **Class is full**
- July 26 - August 6, 2021 **Class is full**
Five-week Fall Sessions 2021:
- August 23 - September 24, 2021
- September 27 - October 29, 2021
- November 1 - December 10, 2021
- 59 Hours of Instruction: Online. The number of hours for instruction are the same whether done within two weeks or spread out over five weeks. There are scheduled Zoom meetings with instructors each week. The days and times for the meetings vary with each instructor. They will let you know before the start of class when those meetings are scheduled.
- 16 Hours of Clinical/Skills lab: Live, in-person. Clinicals/skills labs are the only portion of the SRNA course that will be live. Your instructor will notify you of dates and times.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to all classes and clinicals/skills labs. This class is very intensive and there is no time to make up missed course time, therefore, attendance is mandatory for all classes and clinicals/skills labs.
SRNA at Lexington Veteran Affairs Dates:
** VA Class will NOT meet on Federal Holidays**
SRNA at Lexington Veterans Affairs
- SRNA at the VA will not be offered online.
- When: Mondays 8:00am-5:00pm
Class Location: Lexington VA Medical Center - 2250 Leestown Rd, Lexington, KY 40511
- Classroom 125, and SIMS lab room 204
- Clinical Dates: Clinical dates for this class are scheduled for two days within the class.
Clinical Location:Thomas Hood Veterans Center
- 100 Veterans Dr, Wilmore, KY 40390
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to all classes and clinicals. This class is very intensive and there is no time to make up missed course time, therefore, attendance is mandatory for all classes and clinicals.
Kentucky SRNA State Test Information
The State Competency Test date is not included in the dates above, however, they are usually offered in close proximity to the class dates. Students will receive information on the first day of class.
Before you can schedule your exam at the testing facility, you will send them a copy of the test roster you receive from us once you complete the course. Faxing information for all testing facilities can be found in the study guide. You must have a valid Social Security card (cannot be laminated) to take the state competency certification exam.
For a complete list of approved training providers and testing sites in Kentucky, please refer to the Kentucky Board of Nursing website at http://kbn.ky.gov.
Register Early! Classes fill quickly. Students missing the first class will lose their spot in the class. If a class is filled and you would like to be put on our waiting list, please email Aimee Hatfield at Aimee.Hatfield@uky.edu. Classes are subject to cancelation if a minimum number of registrants is not achieved. In this event, registration fees may be refunded or applied to a future class date. Registration is not considered complete until payment is made in full. If you have not paid for the course you are not guaranteed placement in the class. We cannot guarantee any course date changes made after initial registration.
Register Online at www.ukconce.org/default.aspx
The UK College of Nursing requires BLS certification from the American Heart Association for acceptance into the nursing program. Most nursing homes and hospitals require BLS training for nurse aides. If you already have a current BLS certification you do not need to take it again with the SRNA course.
BLS Training for the two-week Summer courses will be done differently and will be explained in an email to Summer registrants.
SRNA Class with Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
SRNA Class without Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
Cost and Refund Policies
- If you plan to take the state test, you will pay a $75 test fee to the testing site you select. This is not included in the cost of the course.
- Credit card, cash or money order all accepted. Make money orders payable to University of Kentucky
- Any applicant who drops the class at least seven days prior to the first day of class will receive a refund. No refunds are given within seven days of the beginning of the course or after the course begins.
- Placement in the course cannot be guaranteed until cleared funds are received by the College of Nursing. Cleared funds are credit or debit card, money order or banker's check payments only
Important SRNA Requirement and Checklist Documents
Please note that influenza vaccinations are required between October 1st through March 31st. It is not a requirement for classes outside of those dates.