Academic advisors for students on campus are in the College of Nursing Building's Room 315. Students may make appointments by schedule or drop-in.
For virtual meetings, select the link next to the advisor's name to enter their Zoom room during the designated drop-in hours.
- Tuesdays, 10 – 11:30 a.m., with Hadley Sensing (virtual or in-person)
- Wednesdays, 1 – 2:30 p.m., with Zac Schmidt (virtual or in-person)
- Thursdays, 9:30 – 11 a.m., with Jennifer Sherwood (virtual or in person)
Students enrolled in the College of Nursing may e-mail their assigned advisor or schedule an appointment for any questions.
- Shaun Ketterman, Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs
- Zac Schmidt, Academic Advisor
- Hadley Sensing, Academic Advisor
- Jennifer Sherwood, Academic Advisor
Students outside the of the UK College of Nursing or without an assigned advisor should contact the general information line:
College of Nursing Student Services
email@example.com | 859-323-5108
Commonly-requested academic processes
- To request a change of major out of pre-nursing or nursing and into another major, please contact your advisor.
- To change your major to pre-nursing, please click here.
- Request a cognate exception
- If you are repeating a course with the intent to replace the prior grade, complete this online Repeat Option Form through the Office of the Registrar, after the final grade for your second attempt has been entered in your transcript. If you are repeating a course in your final semester before graduation, please complete the form during finals week.
- If you want to drop a class, verify with your advisor that there are no unknown (to you) consequences before completing the process through Registration. Refer to the Academic Calendar for the exact date of the last day to drop each semester.