Academic advisors for students on campus are in the College of Nursing Building's Room 315. Students may make appointments by schedule or come by during Express Advising.
Preparation for meeting with your Academic Advisor
- Come prepared to discuss your situation, plans, and goals with an open mind.
- Write down your questions and concerns before your appointment and bring them with you.
- If you are meeting with your Academic Advisor to discuss degree progress and course selection/registration for the upcoming semester, please prepare a list of classes that you are interested in taking to discuss during your advising appointment.
- Be honest with your Academic Advisor and yourself.
The UK CON Office of Academic Advising and Student Success has Express Advising during the start of the of the fall and spring semesters. Additionally, during the semester Express Advising will be every Thursday from 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm. For Express Advising, students will be seen on a first come first serve basis. Express Advising is meant to provide access to your Academic Advisor for quick and urgent questions, routine check-ins, and time-sensitive issues. For Express Advising meetings that exceed 15 minutes, students may be asked to schedule a follow-up advising appointment.
Students enrolled in the College of Nursing may e-mail their assigned advisor or schedule an appointment for any questions.
- Corey Moore, Assistant Dean for Academic and Student Affairs
- Dylan Bogard, Academic Advisor
- Shaun Ketterman, Academic Advisor
- Zac Schmidt, Academic Advisor
- Hadley Sensing, Academic Advisor
- Jennifer Sherwood, Academic Advisor
Students outside the of the UK College of Nursing or without an assigned advisor should contact the general information line:
College of Nursing Student Services
email@example.com | 859-323-5108
Commonly-requested academic processes
- To request a change of major out of pre-nursing or nursing and into another major, please contact your advisor.
- To change your major to pre-nursing, please click here.
- If you are repeating a course with the intent to replace the prior grade, complete this online Repeat Option Form through the Office of the Registrar, after the final grade for your second attempt has been entered in your transcript. If you are repeating a course in your final semester before graduation, please complete the form during finals week.
- If you want to drop a class, verify with your advisor that there are no unknown (to you) consequences before completing the process through Registration. Refer to the Academic Calendar for the exact date of the last day to drop each semester.
Course Override Request
- Due to the limited seat availability in ANA 110 and CHE 103 for the Spring 2023 semester, both courses are currently restricted and have a controlled enrollment. Students who are granted an override to either course will be informed via UK e-mail at the end of the Fall 2022 semester to add the course(s). Approval will depend on space availability.
- Course Override Request Form
- Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.