The RN-BSN program accepts applications for the fall, spring and summer semesters year-round. Prospective students are encouraged to apply at any time.
- The application deadlines are March 15, July 15 and November 1.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing program with a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale for all college work
- Students with a GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 may be provisionally admitted to the RN to BSN track with admission committee approval. Contact Tara Grana at email@example.com for more information.
- Student statement of academic and professional goals. Essay Questionnaire (provided by the College of Nursing after initial application with the Registrar is processed).
- Students may register for NUR courses after graduation from an accredited Associate Degree in Nursing program once the College of Nursing has verified clear and unencumbered licensure.
How to apply
Apply for admission to the UK College of Nursing RN-BSN program at uky.edu/Admission/application. Select RN-BSN for your major choice. Submit official transcripts as directed.
To get a transcript preliminarily reviewed for UK Core (general education) requirements, contact the transfer center at https://admission.uky.edu/transfer.
The University of Kentucky works to provide distance learning courses and programs to students across the state of Kentucky, the country and abroad, but location matters when it comes to the availability of some courses and programs. Each state and territory has different requirements for distance learning. Out-of-state students who are interested in distance learning should read each section below and confirm that their program of interest can be offered and/or lead to licensure or certification in their state or territory.
- State Authorization is a type of consumer protection regulated by states and territories. Institutions are required to obtain state authorization when they offer online courses or programs outside of their home state. Visit the State Authorization by Program section to learn which programs are authorized in each state.
- States may have additional requirements for programs that lead to professional licensure or certification. Learn which programs can lead to licensure and certification in each state.
- Contact Distance Learning with questions or for more information.
About the RN-BSN program
Learn more about the RN-BSN program including sample plans of study, graduation requirements and more:
For questions about the RN-BSN program, contact Tara Grana, academic success specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.