- Completion of Medical Specialist (68W), Navy Corpsman or Air Force Medical Specialist Training
- Review of JST and CLEP for academic transfer credit with the Veterans Resource Center and the Transfer Equivalency Office
- Successful completion of the CNA competency evaluation given by UK College of Nursing
Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, minimum science GPA of 2.75 and a minimum grade of "C" in each of the following courses:
- Human Anatomy – three credits
- Human Physiology – three credits
- General Biology – three credits
- General Psychology – three to four credits
- General Chemistry – four to six credits (course should be equivalent to CHE 103 at UK)
- Composition and Communication – six credits
- General Microbiology – three credits
*Distance Learning and online credits should be evaluated for equivalency prior to enrollment. If requirements are not met, please contact our coordinator to see how we may help you accomplish your goals.
**Transfer equivalencies are available at www.uky.edu/admission/transfer-equivalencies. Contact the Transfer Center at (859) 218-1724 for information on how to start the process of evaluation.
Apply online at http://www.uky.edu/Admission. Be sure to mark that you are a veteran. The application fee is waived for veterans. For information regarding the GI Bill, contact the VetSuccess on Campus counselor at 859-218-2876.
October 15 for summer semester
March 1 for fall semester
Interviews are conducted via an online platform. You will need a computer with a camera to record your responses to the video responses. Applicants will receive an email invitation to complete the interview after the initial screening for completion of the course and GPA requirements. Applicants not selected for an interview will also be notified that they will not be considered further.
Final Admission Decisions
Final decisions will be made within three business weeks after interviews are completed. Letters are mailed via email, and all students who are interviewed will receive a letter. Please be sure all contact information is correct on the application forms.
- Minimum grade of “C” in every course with a NUR prefix
- Minimum grade of "C" in every course required for major (e.g. statistics, microbiology)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of all courses required for the degree
- 120 credit hours, 30 of last 36 are earned at UK
The TOEFL, administered online, is required of all applicants for whom English is not their native language. Minimum scores accepted are
- Cumulative – 90
- Speaking – 26
- Listening – 22
- Writing – 20
- Reading – 20
You must submit this TOEFL score directly to the College of Nursing in addition to completing the NursingCAS application. If your degree is from a foreign institution, you must submit an evaluation by WES or one of the other admission services.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org of call (859) 323-5108
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.