The College of Nursing Alumni Association (CONAA) gives out awards to outstanding undergraduate and graduate students at the pinning and hooding ceremonies for each class. CONAA also gives out annual awards to a select group of outstanding UK College of Nursing alumni. Follow the links below for more information.
Call for Nominations – 2022 College of Nursing Alumni Awards
The University of Kentucky College of Nursing Alumni Association has recognized outstanding contributions by its alumni since 1991. Nominees must hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from the UK College of Nursing. Past winners have distinguished themselves by currently practicing in or making significant contributions in the following areas:
·Community Health or Public Health;
·Patient or Nursing Education, including Schools of Nursing or Practice Settings;
·Nursing Research; Nursing Administration or upper level management; and
·Clinical Service or Practice
ALUMNUS AWARDS: Nominees must hold an undergraduate or graduate degree from the UK College of Nursing and:
First Decade Award: Be currently engaged in the profession of nursing, in practice for 10 years or less since receiving a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, and has laid the foundation for an exemplary career in nursing.
Outstanding Alumnus Award: Exemplifies a commitment to support the College as well as an outstanding career in nursing.
Please submit a letter of support that describes how the nurse meets the criteria below.
A minimum of 5 areas must be addressed:
- Represent nursing through community involvement
- Participation in a professional organization(s)
- Contribution to UK CON or member of UK Alumni Association
- Serve as a role model, excellent communication and skill in their specialty
- Demonstrated commitment to nursing
- Outstanding work ethic and positive attitude
- Implements strategies to enhance patient care
- Demonstrates creativity, is a risk taker and visionary planner
- Contributes to quality nursing care
NOMINATION INSTRUCTIONS: For each award, we invite self-nomination or nominations from others. All nominations must be accompanied by:
- A completed Nomination Form at: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_cGBYUmuTjpItXlY
- A Letter of Support that addresses at least 5 of the 9 Award Criteria, and
- A Curriculum Vitae
Deadline for Submission: Friday, September 16, 2022
Contact Joey Conrad: email@example.com or 859-323-6635