In honor of 2020 being declared “Year of the Nurse” by the World Health Organization and the American Nurses Association, we are pleased to announce the University of Kentucky College of Nursing will be inducting a mid-cycle Hall of Fame class.
The Hall of Fame is the College of Nursing’s highest honor. It was established in 2006 to recognize distinguished CON graduates and honor their extraordinary contributions in the field of nursing and beyond. To date, fifteen nurse leaders have been inducted to the CON Hall of Fame.
The 2020 Hall of Fame will be the CON’s fourth class to receive this notable accolade.
Nominations for the CON’s fourth Hall of Fame class are now being accepted. The deadline to submit nominations is Friday, March 20, 2020.
Current CON faculty are not eligible for nomination, but graduates who are in phased out retirement, retired or faculty emeritus are eligible. CON graduates employed in other UK units, including UK HealthCare, can be nominated and self-nominations are accepted. The nominee must have:
- Earned a degree from the UK College of Nursing.
- Established an outstanding professional career*.
- Made significant contributions to the nursing profession*.
- Established a distinguished reputation at either the local, state, national or international level, which reflects great credit and honor upon the university*.
*Such criteria for determining “outstanding professional career," “significant contributions” and “honor upon the university” include, but are not limited to: (1) Recognized as one of the UK CON “Fifty Outstanding Alumni” in 2010, (2) A Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing (FAAN) or another recognized academy, and (3) A terminal or doctoral degree.
How to nominate
To nominate a person for the 2020 CON Hall of Fame, you must complete the online form. Please be sure that you have all of the below listed information ready before you start filling out the online form. The form has four sections:
- Nominator information (nominator’s name and contact information)
- Nominee information (nominee’s name, contact information, job details)
- Letter of recommendation (no longer than three pages)
- Current CV or professional biograph of the nominee
If you are unable to submit a nomination online, please contact Parry Barrows at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 859-323-5449.
Save the date
Mark your calendars! The 2020 CON Hall of Fame Ceremony will take place Thursday, May 14, 2020 at the Origin Hotel located in the Summit at Fritz Farm in Lexington, Ky.
More details to follow!