The primary purpose of the performance review is individual and institutional self-improvement. To help in achieving this purpose, the performance review will determine for each faculty employee both a quantitative assessment and a qualitative judgment of the faculty employee's activities during the review period in teaching and advising, research and scholarship, University and public service, and other appropriate activities with relative weightings based on a prior agreement pertinent to the distribution of effort among any or all of these activities.
Tenured faculty performance reviews
The performance of tenured faculty will be reviewed every other year. Any tenured faculty employee, upon request, shall be granted an annual review.
Non-tenured faculty performance reviews
Non-tenured faculty will be reviewed annually. Special attention will be given to the evaluation of persons in their first year of employment to maximize effective guidance.
- Appeals Process
- CV Template
- Mini Review Template
- Performance Evaluation Instructions
- Performance Evaluation Template*
- Provost Letter Re: Performance Evaluations
- Teacher Course Evaluation Policy
- Teaching Portfolio
- Tips on Writing Personal Statements
- Understanding TCE Reports
- UK Information for eXplorance Blue TCEs
- University's Policy for Faculty Performance Review (AR 3:10)