The Promotion, Appointment and Tenure Committee (PATA) is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Review criteria for appointment, promotion and tenure and make recommendations to the Dean.
- Review internal College of Nursing procedures for appointment, promotion and tenure and make recommendations for changes to the Dean.
- Provides preliminary recommendations to the Dean for faculty candidates being considered for clinical, special and regular title series positions prior to the offer of appointment.
- Reviews applicants for appointment and promotion (i.e., Senior Lecturer, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor), granting of tenure, decisions not to reappoint and terminal reappointment and prepares a summary of recommendations for the Dean.
- Reviews sabbatical requests and makes recommendations to the Dean
- Reviews high merit applications and makes recommendations to the Dean in cases where high merit is contested between the applicant and the Associate Dean.
2022-2023 PATA Committee Members
- Dr. Mary Kay Rayens, chair
- Dr. Ana Maria Linares
- Dr. Julie Ossege
- Dr. Leslie Scott
- Dr. Lovoria Williams