Research is an essential component of the University of Kentucky College of Nursing's mission. Faculty and students in the College of Nursing are committed to advancing nursing science by promoting the health and health care of individuals, families, communities and populations through research. The development, utilization and translation of knowledge from our research improves the lives of those we serve.
Points of Pride
- $32.2 million in currently funded research
- Ranked 14th for National Institutes of Health (NIH) funding among all public and private nursing schools
- Research faculty members submit an average of 2.5 grants and seven data-based publications and presentations each year
- Over the past two years, faculty have published 263 data-based manuscripts in referred journals and conducted 307 research-focused presentations at professional conferences
- Through supportive funding efforts from the University of Kentucky Graduate School and Office of the Vice President for Research, the College of Nursing averages 20 research assistant slots and six fellowship slots per year.