SECAC- ALDP Selection & Application Process
The deadline to apply for the 2020-2021 SEC ALDP is June 5, 2020. Please send applications to Jennifer Haynes in the Office for Faculty Advancement. Please see the application process below.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and decision-making abilities
- Have demonstrated success in their current positions and interest in administrative careers as evident by a minimal of 3 years of academic administrative experience
- Have an understanding and appreciation of cultural, ethnic, and individual differences
- Potential for the individual to use the leadership knowledge gained from the seminars and apply it to various situations and positions
Fellows will be faculty with potential for advancement to senior leadership positions such as associate dean, assistant dean, dean, assistant provost or associate provost, etc. During the year Fellows will participate in two SECAC workshops to further their academic career development. In addition, Fellows will participate in on-campus discussions about various leadership topics.
- Fellows will be selected by an open nomination process. The criteria for selection will be on the strengths of their application and the individual’s potential to demonstrate quality leadership in higher education. Applications will be reviewed by a committee appointed by the Provost.
- The committee will ensure that the ALDP Fellows represent a diverse set of backgrounds and disciplines. The committee will present recommendations to the Provost, who will select the final three ALDP Fellows. Selected Fellows will be notified in early May.
- Selected ALDP Fellows are expected to attend and participate fully in both the fall and spring ALDP Workshops, travel with the group whenever possible, read the preparatory materials, and participate in leadership activities that are conducted on the UK campus.
The application process for ALDP is designed to ensure that Fellows will fully participate in the program and benefit from it. A prospective faculty candidate must complete the application materials located online as indicated below, and submit a letter of evaluation from the Dean. The selection committee will identify at least three Fellows from those who apply.