Zoom for OLLI Instructors
Sign into Zoom Manager via Link Blue
If you plan on hosting your own classes, you must setup a Link Blue account.
Once you have set up the Link Blue account, go to the University of Kentucky's Zoom website, uky.zoom.us to sign into the Zoom Manager for creating, managing, and starting your Zoom meetings. Logging in from Zoom's website will not work.
- Best Practices - Instructors Guide: This 2-page document goes over best practices for OLLI Instructors to follow before and during your Zoom meetings.
- Create & Manage Zoom Meetings: This 9-page document shows you step-by-step how to create and manage your Zoom meetings, as well as how to edit meeting information, start meetings, and delete meetings from your Zoom manager. Helpful images are also included. Also includes info on how to format a Zoom invitation for your Zoom class then share with students via Augusoft.
- Alternative Host Assign: Short document on how to setup an Alternative Host for a Zoom meeting (if they also have a Link Blue account)
- Screen Sharing: PowerPoint document that includes helpful images in regards to Screen Sharing.
- Keep Out and/or Remove Uninvited Guests from a Zoom Meeting: This article from the official Zoom blog will go over securing your meetings as well as how to remove uninvited guests that may distract the class and/or cause innappropriate behavior. This includes locking a meeting, manually removing unwanted users, setting a passcode, using the Waiting Rooms option, and more.
These video tutorials have been created by the OLLI office to provide walkthroughs on certain Zoom features and functionality. They provide guidance on aspects inside and outside of Zoom meetings. While primarily geared towards assisting our OLLI Instructors and Facilitators, feel free to refer to these videos if you are an OLLI member interested in some of the more advanced functions regarding Zoom.
Outside of Zoom Meeting
- How to Create a Zoom Meeting on a Web Browser
- How to Hyperlink Zoom Links in a Zoom Invitation
- How to Set a Passcode for a Zoom Meeting
During Zoom Meeting
Quick Video Guides
These are GIFs that quickly show you how to do certain operations in Zoom:
Meeting Controls & Display Name
- How to Screen Share a PowerPoint Document
- How to Screen Share a Video
- How to Share Computer Sound or Music Only
End a Zoom Meeting