UK HealthCare Values
UK HealthCare Values: Manager Talking Points
As you begin your Performance Evaluations (PEs) with staff, utilize the below “talking points” to communicate the new UKHC Values.
- As a result of input from engagement surveys and the strategic planning process, a group of your colleagues were selected and came together last year to identify and develop the five new UKHC Values.
- Values help shape a culture and build a foundation on how we should guide behaviors and our decision making for our teams, how we treat our patients, and each other
Starting the conversation:
- Mission/Vision/Values WBT – the first introduction to all staff members
- Diversity, Innovation, Respect, Compassion, Teamwork
- The upcoming UKHC Values will replace the Behavioral Expectations in FY18
- The Values Steering Committee is working on scoring metrics for FY18 PE process
- The new Values will be incorporated into the new UKHC Recognition program
- To ensure we live by our Values we must hold each other accountable and celebrate our successes
How will these be used?
- UKHC Recognition Program
- Performance Evaluations
- Hiring and Interviewing
- Decision making across all levels
- Every interaction, every time
Who does this impact?
- UK HealthCare
- College of Medicine (Physicians, Faculty & Staff)
- Eastern State Hospital
For your convenience, a pdf of these talking points is available.