Security Officer Expectations & Benefits
Customer Service is our priority as we serve a diverse community comprised of students, faculty, staff, visitors, hospital guests, and vendors.
Hospital Locations include Eastern State, Good Samaritan, and Chandler Hospital, the region’s only Level 1 Trauma Center.
Mandatory Overtime is required during high-volume seasons like football and also unexpectedly as the needs of the hospital change.
Patrol Responsibilities could include patrolling on foot, bicycle, or golf cart regardless of weather while assigned to one of our three 8 hour shifts: 1st shift 0645-1515 hours, 2nd shift 1445-2315 hours, and 3rd shift 2245-0715 hours.
Report Writing Responsibilities include extensive follow up and documentation of various incidents that occur on hospital property.
Starting Pay is $11.52/hour considering relevant experience and education.
“Being a Security Officer at UKPD is a very unique experience. Each day you come into work is always something different; no day is the same as another. The people I work with are exceptional. Being a Security Officer for UKPD has been my favorite work experience to date.”
- Security Officer Evans
200% Match Retirement Plan: Retirement savings are an important part of your total compensation package and help ensure a more financially secure future. Under the 403(b) retirement plan, you contribute 5 percent of your base salary, and UK proudly contributes an amount equivalent to 10 percent of your base salary. Participation in this plan is mandatory for employees age 30 and over. You will be fully vested after three years of continuous, regular, full-time service.
Health Care Plans: UK offers four health plan options. You can decide on the plan and coverage that is best for you and your family’s needs.
Employee Education Plan (EEP): Regular, full-time staff may receive a tuition waiver for up to 18 credit hours per academic year through the Employee Education Program. Eligible employees with at least one year of continuous, regular, full-time service who are not using the Employee Education Program may choose to receive a tuition discount (10 percent to 50 percent) for their child or spouse/sponsored dependent through the Family Education Program.
Unique Training Opportunities: Security staff are required to complete specific training, and there are various other courses available for continuous professional development.
- Up-to-Date and Latest Technology and Equipment: UKPD prides itself on being a progressive department that is eager to explore technology and equipment trends.
- Overtime Opportunities: While there is mandatory overtime, there are also voluntary overtime opportunities.
- Monthly Uniform and Equipment Allowance: All security staff are afforded a monthly allowance through the Quartermaster Account System to maintain their uniform and equipment.
- Total Compensation Calculator: The total compensation calculator is a tool to compare and evaluate the overall benefits of being a UK employee to your current employer. We know that the decision can be tough, but as a UK employee, you enjoy a full range of benefits, services and programs that go well beyond your salary.
- CPI (Crisis Prevention Intervention) Certification
- Verbal Judo
- IAHSS certification
- Active Shooter
- Introduction National Incident Management Systems
- Introduction to Incident Command
- ICS Single Resource Action Incidents
- Threat and Risk Assessment course
- Surveillance Detection Training for Commercial Infrastructure Operators and Security Staff
- Fundamentals of Healthcare Emergency Management
- Introduction National Response Framework
- Healthcare Organizations I200 for Hospitals/Healthcare
- Cobra Chemical/Biological Incident & 1st Responder Training
- Bike Officer Training and Certification
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking
- CSEPP (Chemical Stockpile Emergency Preparedness Program) Drills
- Mass Causalities Emergency Preparedness Drills
- Biological Emergency Preparedness Drills
- TB and (Powered Air Purifying Respirator) Mask Fitting
- Homeland Security Training