Vice President for Institutional Diversity
The University of Kentucky is conducting a national search to fill the position of Vice President for Institutional Diversity. As a direct report to the President Capilouto, the Vice President for Institutional Diversity leads the Office of Institutional Diversity to implement diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to ensure alignment with the university’s strategic plan. This position will serve as an integrating partner with campus leaders, faculty, staff, students and external constituencies.
The Vice President for Institutional Diversity will proactively design and implement plans, programs and activities that provide rich diversity-related experiences to ensure university members hold diversity, equity and inclusion as core values to be collectively practiced. This role is responsible for leading a continuing change where understanding and acceptance of all individuals will be deeply embedded throughout our campus culture.
Finalists for this permanent role will be on the UK campus June 1, June 2 and June 4 to participate in open forums and meet with numerous constituent groups. Names and curricula vitae for these individuals will be posted here 48 hours in advance of their forums.
After the forums, UK community members will have the opportunity to view the recordings and submit feedback through a webform. The details of each forum are below:
- Open Forum with Katrice Albert: June 1 at 3:30 p.m. at the Gatton College of Business and Economics Room 111
- Open Forum with Kenneth Durgans: June 2 at 3:30 p.m. at the Gatton College of Business and Economics Room 111
- Open Forum with Michelle Cromwell: June 4 at 3:30 p.m. at the Gatton College of Business and Economics Room 111
Message from the President
- Dr. Trisha Clement-Montgomery, Dean of Students; Co-Chair
- Dr. Bob DiPaola, Dean, College of Medicine; Co-Chair
- Dr. Cristina Alcalde, Associate Dean of Inclusion and Internationalization for the College of Arts and Sciences, Professor of Gender and Women’s Studies
- Dr. Chana Akins, Assistant Provost for Faculty Advancement Initiatives, Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Ihsan Bagby, Associate Professor of Modern and Classical Language, Literature and Cultures
- Dr. Mia Farrell, Assistant Dean and Director for Diversity in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Dr. Huajing Maske, Executive Director of the UK Office of China Initiatives (OCI) and former Executive Director for the UK Confucius Institute
- Dr. Everett McCorvey, Professor of Voices and Director of the UK Opera Theatre
- Mr. Joe Reed, Chief Accountability Officer and Audit Executive, Internal Audit
- Dr. Tukea Talbert, Chief Diversity Officer, UK Healthcare
- Dr. Anita Fernander, Associate Professor and DEI Director, Department of Behavioral Science
- Mr. Justin Sumner, Staff Senator and Inclusive Health Partnerships Council Member
- Mr. Bilal Shaikh, Former Student Body Vice President, Student Government Association