Vice President for Institutional Diversity
The University of Kentucky is conducting a national search to fill the position of Vice President for Institutional Diversity. As a direct report to the President Capilouto, the Vice President for Institutional Diversity leads the Office of Institutional Diversity to implement diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives to ensure alignment with the university’s strategic plan. This position will serve as an integrating partner with campus leaders, faculty, staff, students and external constituencies.
The Vice President for Institutional Diversity will proactively design and implement plans, programs and activities that provide rich diversity-related experiences to ensure university members hold diversity, equity and inclusion as core values to be collectively practiced. This role is responsible for leading a continuing change where understanding and acceptance of all individuals will be deeply embedded throughout our campus culture.
- Dr. Trisha Clement-Montgomery, Acting Dean of Students; Co-Chair
- Dr. Bob DiPaola, Dean, College of Medicine; Co-Chair
- Dr. Cristina Alcalde, Associate Dean of Inclusion and Internationalization for the College of Arts and Sciences, Professor of Gender and Women’s Studies
- Dr. Chana Akins, Assistant Provost for Faculty Advancement Initiatives, Professor of Psychology
- Dr. Ihsan Bagby, Associate Professor of Modern and Classical Language, Literature and Cultures
- Dr. Mia Farrell, Assistant Dean and Director for Diversity in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Dr. Huajing Maske, Executive Director of the UK Confucius Institute and Director of the UK Office of China Initiatives.
- Dr. Everett McCorvey, Professor of Voices and Director of the UK Opera Theatre
- Mr. Joe Reed, Chief Accountability Officer and Audit Executive, Internal Audit
- Dr. Tukea Talbert, Chief Diversity Officer, UK Healthcare
- Dr. Anita Fernander, Associate Professor and DEI Director, Department of Behavioral
- Mr. Justin Sumner, Staff Senator and Inclusive Health Partnerships Council Member
- Mr. Bilal Shaikh, Vice President of the Student Body, Student Government Association