Dean, The Graduate School
The University of Kentucky is conducting an internal search for a transformative leader to serve as Associate Provost for Graduate and Professional Education and Dean of the Graduate School. The School is seeking candidates who are familiar with our landscape and have a passion for graduate education that will accelerate the School. View a leadership profile for the position here.
Bringing the role directly into the Provost’s staff will facilitate tighter coordination with other Associate Provosts to enhance the support structures for graduate students and faculty that exist within other units, such as Student and Academic Life; Teaching, Learning, and Academic Innovation; and the UK International Center.
Ann Vail, Professor of Family Sciences in the College of Agriculture, Food and Environment, has been named the sole finalist for the position. During her time at UK, Dr. Vail has served as Director of the School of Human Environmental Sciences and Interim Dean of the College of Social Work. In addition to her administrative experience, Dr. Vail has an impressive research record, receiving more than $88 million in extramural support during her career.
Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter
An open forum was held via Zoom Webinar on Tuesday, April 20 from 12 PM to 1 PM. This forum was open to all faculty, staff, and students across campus.
The Associate Provost/Graduate School Dean candidate had a session for professional students, graduate students and post-doctoral scholars on April 19.
Provide Anonymous Feedback
- Donna Arnett, Dean and Professor, College of Public Health
- John Balk, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, College of Engineering, William T. Bryan Professor
- Susan Cantrell, Faculty, College of Education
- Lisa Cassis, Vice President for Research
- Bradford Cowgill, Alumnus
- Mark Coyne, Faculty, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- David Do, Professional Student, College of Pharmacy
- Esther Dupont-Versteegden, Faculty, College of Health Sciences
- Lauren Fann, Graduate Student, College of Agriculture, Food and Environment
- David Feola, Faculty, College of Pharmacy
- Deborah Harley, Faculty, College of Education
- Nancy Johnson, Faculty, Gatton College of Business and Economics
- Natalie Malone, Graduate Student, College of Education
- Alexandre Martin, Faculty, College of Engineering
- Rachel Shane, Faculty, College of Fine Arts
- Brett Spear, Faculty, College of Medicine
- Janet Stamatel, Faculty, College of Arts and Sciences
- Yinan Wei, Faculty, College of Arts of Sciences
- Melissia Witt, Staff, The Graduate School
- Bing Zhang, Alumnus
- Ron Zimmer, Faculty, The Martin School