Summer Parking and Bus Service (2014)
Summer Bus Service
We will be operating a summer bus route beginning Monday, May 12. The bus service will run for both the 4-week Intersession and the 8-week Summer Session. For bus stops and route information, please check the Summer Bus Route.
Summer Parking Control
Parking & Transportation Services will control most student lots for permits during the summer months. These lots will be controlled for any valid UK permit. Summer permits will be available for students at a rate of $7 per week. Permits will go on sale Monday, May 5, and may only be purchased in person at Parking and Transportation Services, 721 Press Avenue (Press Avenue Garage). The permits may be issued for any number of weeks between May 12 and August 8, 2014.
View the Summer Parking Map to see where to park with your summer parking permit.
Parking for special events should be arranged with the PTS Special Event Coordinator at (859) 257-9680. Event organizers are asked to make arrangements at least two weeks in advance in order to secure the most convenient arrangements for their attendees; event parking will be determined on a first-come, first-serve basis. Requests for event parking may be made online.
All Employee (E) lots will remain on control as normal.
Parking Lots Off Control During Summer Months
- R3 - Complex Drive, and Sports Center Drive Lots
- E/K - Soccer/Softball North
- E/K - Soccer/Softball South (Overflow)
Please note that even though some lots are not controlled for permits, they are still monitored for other parking violations to include, but not limited to, parking in fire lanes, on yellow lines, and in disabled reserved parking.
Pay-by-the-Hour Lots -- Summer Rates and Hours
- May 12 - Aug 24 | $2 for first hour; $2 for second hour; $1 for each additional hour ($5/day maximum)
- South Limestone Garage (PS #5) | Open Mon - Fri 5:30 am - 6:00 pm | Closed Weekends
- Sports Center Garage (PS #7) | Open Mon - Fri 7:00 am - 10:00 pm | Closed Weekends
- UK HealthCare parking structures do not change hours of operation or rates during the summer
Most lots will resume normal control on August 25. Please view our parking calendar for more specific information.