Employee Reserved Permits
A valid parking permit* is required to park in reserved parking spaces on the University of Kentucky campus. Reserved parking is provided in designated areas with a card-reader that is dedicated and coded exclusively to read permits of persons who have purchased a reserved parking space. Motor vehicles must be parked only in marked parking spaces between two white lines. Parking regulations pertaining to these areas are strictly enforced year-round.
A parking permit shall be defined as any device issued by Parking and Transportation Services and/or authorized personnel that allow the approved user access to park in a specific parking lot, zone, or area on the University of Kentucky campus. This includes, but is not limited to the following: hangtags, adhesive window stickers; decals; debit cards, debit keys, proximity or access cards.
- Kentucky Clinic Garage (PS #3), first and sixth floors
- Veterans Drive
- Gazette Lot (formerly KMSF)
- Huguelet Lot (formerly COP)
- Good Samaritan Hospital
- S. Limestone (PS #8)
University Responsibilities and Individual Parking
The University of Kentucky assumes no responsibility for the care or protection of any vehicle or its contents while it is parked on University property. The University also assumes no responsibility for the care or protection of any vehicle or its contents during its removal or subsequent storage resulting from violations of these regulations.
The action of individuals parking and operating their vehicles on campus will be conclusive evidence of their willingness to abide by these regulations.
All employees of the University of Kentucky are eligible to apply for reserved parking spaces; however, priority will be given to physicians and medical personnel. Selection of employees for reserved parking will be at the discretion of the Director of Parking and Transportation or his designee(s) in consultation with the appropriate administrator of the department/unit affected.
The annual parking permit period for reserved parking is from July 1 to June 30 of the following year.
Employees who have reserved parking spaces may also purchase any other form of parking permit for which they are eligible from Parking & Transportation Services for parking in other campus areas.
Application Requirements and Procedures
The Parking Services office shall establish the procedure for applying and/or renewing reserved parking spaces. Information regarding application procedures will be distributed to all concerned personnel in advance of the expiration date. Individuals not renewing by the stated deadlines will be removed from reserved parking and the space will be reassigned.
Individuals choosing not to renew their reserved parking must notify Parking and Transportation Services of their decision in writing, by memo or e-mail.
Permit Fees and Payment Methods
The fees for reserved parking are:
|Regular Reserved Parking||Cost Per Month||Cost Per Year|
|6th Floor KY Clinic (PS #3)||$82.50||$990.00|
|Premium Reserved Parking||Cost Per Month||Cost Per Year|
|S. Limestone (PS #8)||$99.00||$1,188.00|
|1st Floor KY Clinic (PS #3)||$99.00||$1,188.00|
Permit fees are subject to change at the beginning of each fiscal year.
Permit fees may be paid in full at the time of application by cash, check, Visa/MasterCard/AMEX/Discover Card, or KMSF funds, or other approved methods. Permit fees may also be payroll deducted for eligible personnel, whereby a pro rata amount will be deducted from each paycheck.
Employees wishing to cancel their parking privileges may do so by returning the permit to Parking Services. Remnants of adhesive window stickers must also be returned before a refund can be issued. Refunds will be issued on a pro rata basis for individuals who have paid permit fees in full. Individuals being payroll deducted for reserved parking will have the deduction cancelled when the permit is returned. Failure to surrender a permit to Parking Services upon termination of employment will subject any vehicle displaying that permit to immediate impoundment if parked on the University of Kentucky Campus.
A valid hangtag must be displayed in all vehicles parked in a reserved parking space or lot. Access to reserved parking areas will be limited to only the person to whom the space or area is assigned.
Parking Services must be notified immediately when a permit has been lost, stolen, or damaged. There is a $15 fee to replace a permit. The permit holder shall be responsible for all parking citations issued prior to Parking Services being notified of a lost or stolen permit. Remnants of damaged permits must be returned to Parking Services prior to issuance of a replacement. Parking Services is to be immediately notified when a permit that was reported lost or stolen is located. If the permit is located, it is not to be displayed in any vehicle. Any vehicle displaying a reported lost or stolen permit shall result in impoundment and shall not be released until all impoundment and storage fees are paid.
A waiting list will be maintained of eligible employees desiring to purchase a reserved parking space according to the following:
- Assignment of openings in reserved parking areas will be made from an applicant waiting list in the order they were added to the list (date seniority).
- Additions to the waiting list will be accepted for new assignments only; requests to move from one reserved space to another will not be accepted.
- If a space is offered and declined, the applicant will be removed from the waiting list.
- If the applicant leaves employment with the University of Kentucky, the applicant will be removed from the waiting list. If subsequently employed with the University of Kentucky, the applicant may be added to the list, but will not retain the original position on the waiting list.
- An applicant may choose to be removed from the waiting list at any time. Once an applicant is removed from the list, he/she will lose their seniority should they subsequently request placement on the waiting list.
- Requests to be added to the waiting list must be made in writing. The request should include full name, department, campus address, campus phone number, and e-mail address.
- Applicants unable to be contacted when a space becomes available will be removed from the waiting list.
- The Director of Parking and Transportation Services or his designee(s) must approve new assignments of reserved parking spaces from the waiting list.
Other Reserved Parking Information
- Reserved permits are valid in any E lot on campus.
- Parking in any disabled space within a reserved parking lot without an appropriate UK disabled permit will result in a citation and impoundment.
- Sharing of reserved parking spaces is not allowed.