Fitness Challenge 2020
The Fitness Challenge will return in 2020! Take part in 40 workouts from from January 27th - April 11th to earn a Free Campus Recreation & Wellness T-Shirt!
Simply record 40 workouts in your choice of exercise to receive a T-Shirt. Workouts must be 60 minutes in length.
All UK Students and RecWell members (faculty/staff, and spouse members) are eligible for the Challenge. Please note only verified UK Students and RecWell members that complete the challenge will be eligible for a T-Shirt.
How Do I Sign Up?
REGISTRATION WINDOW: JANUARY 24TH - FEBRUARY 9TH
You can sign up in eithe rthe Johnson Center or Alumni Gym
- Johnson Center - register at the Johnson Center Main Desk and add your name to the Fitness Challenge board located in the Johnson Center 1st Floor Hallway near the Climbing Wall to track progress
- Alumni Gym- register at the Kiosk at the top of main steps on the second Floor and add your name to the Fitness Challenge Board
PLEASE NOTE: PLACE YOUR NAME ONLY ON ONE BOARD EITHER IN ALUMNI GYM OR THE JOHNSON CENTER
How Do I Track My Exercise Data?
To track your workouts, simply annotate that you worked out within the facilty during a specific week.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU ARE FREE TO WORKOUT ANYWHERE, BUT RECORD ALL WORKOUTS ON THE BOARD IN THE FACILITY THAT YOU ORGINIALLY REGISTERED IN
T-Shirt Pick Up
T-Shirts will be distributed for particpants that complete the challenge at the Alumni Gym or Johnson Center Main Control Desk- April 15th - May 1st. You must pick up your t-shirt at the facility that you registered.
Want To Start to Exercise, But Don't Know Where to Start?
- The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) reccomends at least 150 minutes each week of Cardiovascular exericse, 2-3 sessions incorporating weight training, flexibility, and functional exercises
- Want to improve your cardio, strength, or flexibility? Try one of more than 75 Free Group Fitness classes weekly! Barre' is our newest big hit!
- Want an individualized program specific to your training goals? Meet with one of our Nationally Certified Personal Trainers!
- Do you want to learn more about how to use equipment within the Fitness Facility? Request a FREE Equipment Orientation led by a Personal Trainer!
- What if you want find out your current Fitness levels? Request a FREE Fitness Asessment conducted by one of our Personal Trainers!
Please contact Casey Gilvin, Fitness Director at email@example.com or 859.257.3928