Each incoming, first-year student will receive an iPad Air and accessories at their respective "see blue." U Orientation during their day 1 UKonnect session. Orientation leaders will guide students in groups to receive their device.
In order for you to receive an iPad, you MUST arrive at day one of your orientation with:
- A photo ID (driver’s license, passport, state or government identification card, WildCard, etc.)
- linkblue username (this can be found on your acceptance letter – format: abcd123)
- linkblue account password (you establish this when you set up your linkblue account and UKY email; if you have not set up your account, follow these step-by-step instructions)
- Student must be present to pick up iPad (parent/guardian/family/designee are not eligible to pick up an iPad for their student)
- After the general welcome session for all “see blue.” U attendees, students will be divided into 16 small UKonnect groups. Each group will be led by one of our student orientation leaders.
- Each UKonnect group has been pre-assigned a time slot to receive their iPads during the 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. distribution window on day one of “see blue.” U.
- Students will also participate in small group discussion, eat lunch and attend the campus resource fair during this three-hour window.
- We have iPads for all first-time freshmen, so don’t worry if your UKonnect time slot is later in the window.
- During your UKonnect group’s time slot, your orientation leader will take the group to the Cats Den – located on the first floor of Gatton Student Center – for pickup and deployment.
- If you need assistance or accommodations for the deployment process, or will feel more comfortable in a smaller setting, please let your orientation leader know. A second deployment location will be available for students at 350D Gatton Student Center from 5 – 8 p.m. and will also serve as a troubleshooting location for questions on day two of orientation.
- During deployment, you will be asked to:
- Review and sign the student iPad agreement
- Login using your linkblue username and password twice
- First connecting you to the university’s WIFI – eduroam
- Second setting up your UKY email on your iPad
- Please wait to connect your iTunes account/Apple ID to your iPad until you return home. UK’s app store will not require an Apple ID for downloading.
- Students will receive a bag containing an iPad, Apple pencil and smart keyboard
- iPads will be incorporated into several interest sessions and college meetings/advising sessions – students are encouraged to use their iPad throughout the rest of their two-day “see blue.” U Orientation
You may pre-register to expedite your pick up at “see blue.” U!
iPad Pre-Registration Instructions
- Go to ipad.uky.edu and click on 'Click Here to begin Pre-Registration'
- Log in with your linkblue username and password
- Read and accept (and optionally download) the terms and conditions
- You will receive a QR code that can be downloaded via email, text or printed. The code can be retrieved at any time by logging back into ipad.uky.edu
- Bring the QR code to your orientation.
- QR code will be scanned by a staff member at orientation, you will move forward to receive iPad.
- If you forget your QR code, you can log in with your linkblue username and password instead
- Once iPad is received, you will need to log-in with at least two more times with your linkblue username and password
Have you already gone through orientation and need to pick up your device?
Students will receive their iPad during the scheduled “see blue.” U orientation. If a studentis eligible to receive an iPad and has already attended a "see blue." U Orientation, they may pick up their iPad in Room 122 of the Peterson Service Building between the hours of 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.