What is The Blueprint?
Transitioning from high school or another college to UK isn’t an overnight process. Big Blue Nation Orientation and K Week introduce you to new people, resources, and the university environment, but the transition doesn’t stop there. The Blueprint is the third step in the orientation process and takes place throughout your first fall semester. It’s designed to help you build a successful foundation for the rest of your time at UK.
The Blueprint is an umbrella program that facilitates interest groups for first-year students! Want to go for a run but don't know who to go with? Want to learn more about photography but aren't sure where to start? Interested in connecting with other trivia whizzes but don't know how? The Blueprint is the place for you!
Led by K Crew leaders, Blueprint groups are teams of students who share similar interests. K Crew leaders will create environments where connections and friendships can be made and help connect students to similar student organizations. Students are encouraged to self-select up to two groups of interest to them and join in on the fun! Groups will meet at least four times throughout the fall semester. Want help selecting a Blueprint group? Reach out to an Involvement Advisor and talk to a peer about the different Blueprint opportunities. Talk to an Involvement Advisor today at email@example.com.
Blueprint group sign-ups will open in summer 2021. Please check back for more information!
The Blueprint Groups - Fall 2021
- Lexington has so many cool coffee shops to hang out in!
- Card games, video games, tabletop games, role-playing games; come one, come all!
- How much do you really know?
Hiking and Nature Lovers
- Have you SEEN the Gorge?
Music and Dance
- All genres, expressions, types, and abilities welcome!
- Express yourself!
- This group has an intentionally broad definition; the group decides where they'd like to take it!
- Discuss your favorite books or start a new one together!
- Great way to enjoy the outdoors and meet fellow runners!
- Want to go to the gym but don't have anyone to go with? Join this group!
- Meet other people and learn the latest tips, tricks, and styles with natural hair!
Social Justice and Activism
- Create positive change!
- Find your fellow Wildcat fanatics to attend games with!
Please email KWeek@uky.edu with any questions. Thanks for participating in The Blueprint!