What is The Blueprint?
Transitioning from high school or another college to UK isn’t an overnight process. “see blue” U. and K Week introduce you to new people, resources, and the university environment, but the transition doesn’t stop there. The Blueprint is the third step in the orientation process and takes place throughout your first fall semester. It’s designed to help you build a successful foundation for the rest of your time at UK.
The Blueprint is an umbrella program that facilitates interest groups for first-year students! Want to go for a run but don't know who to go with? Want to check out Lexington's coffee scene but aren't sure where to start? Interested in connecting with other horse people but don't know how? The Blueprint is the place for you!
Led by K Crew leaders, Blueprint groups are teams of students who share similar interests. K Crew leaders will create environments where connections and friendships can be made and help connect students to similar student organizations. Students are encouraged to self-select up to two groups of interest to them and join in on the fun! Groups will meet at least five times throughout the fall semester. Want help selecting a Blueprint group? Reach out to an Involvement Advisor and talk to a peer about the different Blueprint opportunities. Talk to an Involvement Advisor today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blueprint groups are now closed! Please check back before fall 2020 to sign up for a group.
The Blueprint Groups
- Card games, video games, tabletop games, role-playing games; come one, come all!
- Movie buffs unite!
- Lexington has some incredible food, y'all!
- Cream and sugar?
- Join this group and play intramurals together, meet up for a round of frisbee golf, or throw the football around on those crisp, Kentucky fall days
- How much do you really know?
- *cue hysterical laughter
- Have you SEEN the Gorge?
- Lexington is the horse capital of the world, after all
- All expressions, types, and abilities welcome!
- "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley
- Express yourself!
- This group has an intentionally broad definition; the group decides where they'd like to take it!
- What series should you start next?
- Discuss your favorite books or start a new one together!
- Great way to enjoy the outdoors and meet fellow runners!
Gym lovers (men), (women), (all)
- Want to go to the gym but don't have anyone to go with? Join one of the groups!
- C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS! Cheer on the Cats at all kinds of sporting events!
- Meet other people and learn the latest tips, tricks, and styles with natural hair!
- Create positive change!
As part of the University of Kentucky’s response to COVID-19 (www.uky.edu/coronavirus), the Student Transitions and Family Programs staff will be working remotely during regular business hours until further notice. Email will be the best way to reach our staff during this time, with opportunities to set up phone calls and online meetings as needed. We will continue to update our website at https://www.uky.edu/blueprint as we have news related to our programs, services, and events. We look forward to serving our students and families throughout this time, so please do not hesitate to reach out.
Please email email@example.com with any questions. Thanks for participating in The Blueprint!