K Week is one of the largest collaborative programs at the University of Kentucky, and it takes a lot of dedicated faculty, staff, and community partners to make new student transitions to campus as smooth as possible. We appreciate your help! Whether this is your first K Week or your 10th, we have a way for you to get involved and get to know our new students. Below is a list of possible involvement opportunities for our campus partners.
K Week Call for Events
K Week could not happen without involvement and support from many campus partners. There are more than 100 events during K Week that help welcome the new students to campus. If you are interested in hosting your own event, please contact the K Week office at KWeek@lsv.uky.edu. The deadline to submit your event is Wednesday, August 5, 2020.
K Week Faculty/Staff Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are needed to give students and families a warm welcome and direct them through the move-in experience. Contact UK Housing for more information.
Super Start and First Day of School Photos
Super Start provides us with the opportunity to welcome students and assist them by answering their questions and providing directions to classes and other campus locations.
Super Start will take place during the first two days of classes, August 17 and 18. There will be three information tables located (1) near the Gatton Student Center; (2) near White Hall Classroom Building; and (3) near William T. Young Library. The tables will be in operation from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
Volunteers are needed to staff these information tables and provide directions to students. To sign up for a shift as a Super Start volunteer, please click the links below for whichever day/location you are willing to volunteer.
On August 17 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., the UK Parent and Family Association will be taking first day of school photos for students near W.T. Young Library. Volunteers are needed to assist their staff with greeting students, encouraging physical distancing in line, and answering questions. A separate sign-up link for this fun annual tradition can be found below.
- Sign up by entering your name and selecting the time(s) you could work; then click “Save.” After two people are set for a given slot, it will be closed and unavailable. Please email KWeek@lsv.uky.edu if you have any difficulty.
- Super Start – near W.T. Young Library: https://doodle.com/poll/srzi7adrymipi4bn
- First Day of School Photos – near W.T. Young Library: https://doodle.com/poll/6g2e5frah4itcrcd
- Super Start – near Gatton Student Center: https://doodle.com/poll/wxg7crzyuizn4uyv
- Super Start – near White Hall Classroom Building: https://doodle.com/poll/pa8f2gcdwvg27mpw