Friday, August 14
4-H Alumni Breakfast and Get-Together: 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., 210 Scovell Hall
- All previous members of 4-H are invited to a free breakfast hosted by Collegiate 4-H. Free t-shirts are available while supplies last. Social distancing will be enforced. RSVP requested at https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9XljZQx35s6mdMN. Sponsored by Kentucky 4-H and Collegiate 4-H.
College of Nursing Pre-Nursing Meeting: 10 – 11:30 a.m., Zoom
- Join us to meet deans, faculty, advisors, and your classmates. We want to help you start well and so will have information about many things you will experience in the first semester. We want to see your faces, so no masks required! Just turn on your camera. There will also be time for questions. Join from PC, Mac, Linux, or mobile device: https://uky.zoom.us/j/93887074508. Sponsored by College of Nursing.
College of Arts & Sciences K Week Welcome Activities: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Zoom & in-person
- The College of Arts & Sciences is excited to welcome the Class of 2024 to campus! A&S departments and programs will be holding virtual or in-person events on Friday, Aug. 14, between 10 a.m. and noon. Watch your UK email for an invitation and details. Don't miss this opportunity to meet faculty and students in your major. We can't wait to see you there! https://www.as.uky.edu/k-week2020. Sponsored by College of Arts & Sciences.
College of Education K Week College Meeting: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Zoom
- We look forward to seeing you on August 14, 2020 at 10 a.m. Our event will provide you with information you need as a new incoming undergraduate student in the University of Kentucky College of Education. You will have the opportunity to meet with faculty, staff and current students in our college, as well as attend targeted breakout sessions by major and other important topics. You don't want to miss out on the information, the collaboration, and the prizes! https://uky.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMtceqhqTIpH9VFMuLDlRx1WQ1ZmHRIvWe1. Sponsored by College of Education.
College of Social Work K Week College Meeting Part I: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m., Miller Hall Lawn
- Incoming CoSW students are invited to stop by between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. to pick up a swag bag from the CoSW and say a physically- distanced hello to advisors and the Director of Undergraduate Studies. Sponsored by College of Social Work.
College of Fine Arts K Week Meeting: 10 a.m. – 2:45 p.m., Guignol Theatre and Fine Arts Courtyard
- Welcome to all incoming students in the College of Fine Arts! Come learn more about your major and meet classmates, faculty, and staff. All new students are expected to attend. Click on this link for more information: https://uky.campuslabs.com/engage/event/6158443. Sponsored by the College of Fine Arts.
College of Design K Week College Meeting: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m., Zoom
- College of Design incoming students will meet with program directors, faculty, and upper-level students in their area of study. We will discuss first-year expectations, student organizations, facilities, and opportunities for the coming year and beyond. https://uky.zoom.us/j/98707157676?pwd=OENpU0FKMldyODRtSlI4d2pVbW9Vdz09. Sponsored by College of Design.
College of Communication and Information College Meeting: 11 a.m. – 3 p.m., Zoom and Little Library Lawn
- Incoming CI students will participate in a meeting that acclimates them to the college, their major, and the campus. From 11 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. EDT, we will have a virtual meeting. From 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., students will be given a time to come by and pick up their college t-shirt. https://uky.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYsf-2upj8rEtL65htXwxgo8WJFnwXqv_7t. Sponsored by College of Communication and Information.
College of Agriculture, Food and Environment College Meeting: 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Various locations depending on major
College of Engineering College Meeting: 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Engineering Courtyard
- This new student meeting is for incoming freshmen and transfer students by Zoom. It is a mandatory meeting and will be followed by a COE t-shirt and face mask pickup in the Engineering Courtyard with the following last name schedule: 1-1:45 p.m. - A-G; 1:45-2:30 p.m. - H-O; 2:30-3:15 p.m. - P-Z. https://uky.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FLAttkacRqmTgWHk7gFC0g. Sponsored by College of Engineering Student Services.
College of Public Health College Meeting: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., Zoom
- Public Health students are invited to meet faculty, staff, and students from the college to learn about the program and how to make the best of the fall 2020 semester. https://uky.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMsduGupj4iGNJyOka_ltAsTZh8plTl03Xv . Sponsored by College of Public Health.
College of Social Work K Week College Meeting Part II (Virtual): 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., Zoom
- Incoming CoSW students are invited to connect with CoSW faculty by participating in a virtual meet-and-greet. Students will have the opportunity to talk with faculty, learn about instructor expectations at UK, and ask questions. https://uky.zoom.us/j/99794879520. Sponsored by College of Social Work.
College of Health Sciences Welcome Meeting: 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m., Zoom
- Join your peer mentors and advisors for a welcome session that covers getting involved on campus, planning for academic success, meeting with your advisor, and accessing resources at UK and in Lexington. https://uky.zoom.us/w/96034968134?tk=cwMZAI9cXNnsvfjiWkdLIurCHdr_tZoKb6Ts9-bIplM.DQIAAAAWXCFSRhZJMEgySWgtdVE3T0FBVEJRUklpM2tnAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Sponsored by College of Health Sciences.
Gatton Welcome: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Zoom
- We are excited to welcome you to the Gatton College for your K Week College Meeting. First, you will hear from the Dean, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Affairs, and a current student in our Welcome Kickoff. Next, you and fellow classmates will have an interactive meet-and-greet with your academic advisors to get to know them, and they can learn more about you. To end the afternoon, you will choose three 20-minute sessions based on a topic that interests you. We are looking forward to connecting with you and invite you into the Gatton College community! mygatton.uky.edu. Sponsored by Gatton College of Business and Economics.
FUSION: an introduction to service and community engagement opportunities presented by SOA: 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Zoom
- Hear from local community partners and student organizations on how you can get involved in community engagement and community service work during this unprecedented time. https://uky.zoom.us/j/99047282821. Sponsored by Student Organizations and Activities.
Campus Ruckus: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m., Kroger Field
- What better way to kick off the new school year than with SAB? Join us at our annual back-to-school bash as we showcase many of the numerous organizations on campus. New students will attend with their K Teams during a designated entry time. Check with your K Crew leader for your assigned entry time and meet-up location. Sponsored by Student Activities Board.
Big Blue U: 8 – 8:30 p.m., BBN Live on UK Athletics’ social media
- Join Kentucky Athletics coaches, athletic director, and spirit squads for the first-ever virtual Big Blue U. Follow UKAthletics on social media. https://twitter.com/UKAthletics. Sponsored by UK Athletics - Team Wildcat.
Wesley Wild Wings: 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.., Wesley Foundation, 508 Columbia Ave
- Wings, trivia, and tailgating games! Come join us for an insane amount of wings, sauces, and fun! Show off your knowledge with trivia, or showcase your skills with our tailgating games. Stay after dark for a movie on the lawn! Sponsored by Wesley Foundation.
S'more Summer: 9 p.m. – 12 a.m.., CSF Building (Corner of Woodland & Columbia at the stoplight by W.T. Young Library)
- Roast some marshmallows. Grab an ice-cold Ale-8. Meet your new best friends before school begins. Sponsored by Christian Student Fellowship.
Death by Chocolate: 10 p.m. – 12 a.m.., UK BCM, 429 Columbia Ave
- Pass by the BCM and grab a few tasty desserts at this popular late-night K Week event! Desserts will be pre-packaged and available with physical distance! Sponsored by UK BCM.