The Fun Doesn't Stop
Even after K Week is over, there are great opportunities to meet new people, get involved, and connect with campus resources! Here are some of the main events happening during the fall semester.
August 26 and 27, 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., three locations: outside White Hall Classroom Building, Rose Street near the William T. Young Library sign, and outside Gatton Student Center
- Do you need directions to class? Do you have unanswered questions? Be sure to stop by one of the Super Start tents during the first two days of classes. UK employees will be available to greet you and assist you. Sponsored by the K Week Office.
First Day of School Photos
August 26, 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., Rose Street walkway to Young Library - We will be in our rain location today inside of the William T. Young Library.
- You know families love to take first day of school photos of their kids! Your family may not be here to take a photo of you today, so come by our table on the Rose Street walkway to Young Library between 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., and we'll snap a quick pic of you on the way to class. Families can view the photos on the UK Parent and Family Association Facebook page (www.facebook.com/ukparents). Your family will love to see you on your first day of school as a Wildcat! Sponsored by the UK Parent and Family Association.
Welcome Back Festival
August 26, Wildcat Alumni Plaza
- Head to Wildcat Alumni Plaza from 5 - 7 p.m. for dinner, music, and a chance to meet new people and learn about all we have to offer. Sponsored by Students Today, Alumni Tomorrow and Stuckert Career Center.
A Conversation with Trevor Noah
August 30, 9 a.m., Memorial Coliseum
To begin a yearlong series of events to commemorate 70 years of integration at the University of Kentucky, the UK Office for Institutional Diversity (OID), the Student Activities Board (SAB) and other key partners will host an opening assembly 9 a.m. Friday, Aug. 30, in Memorial Coliseum featuring Trevor Noah, host of Comedy Central's "The Daily Show." Noah is also the author of "Born A Crime," a nationally acclaimed autobiography focused on his childhood growing up in apartheid South Africa. This assembly will draw on Noah's reflections of his life from South Africa to the United States, sharing thoughts on the importance of diversity and social justice dialogues. Tickets are free to UK students and employees with a valid UK ID and are required for entry. Tickets can be reserved by creating an account and logging in here.
August 30-September 2, Gatton Student Center
- Make plans to stay on campus for Labor Stay! It's a weekend full of events ranging from concerts to movies and free prizes! You won't want to miss out! All events will be happening within or around the Gatton Student Center and a valid student ID must be present to attend. See BBNvolved for a full list of events. Sponsored by Student Organizations and Activities.
Part-Time Jobs Fair
Thursday, September 5, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Gatton Student Center Atrium
- Stuckert Career Center and UK HR Student Employment invite you to connect with employers looking for UK students to fill part-time positions and internships. See Handshake for a full list of employers.
After Office Hours
Wednesday, September 11, 6:30 - 7:30 p.m., In residence halls
- Want to share food with administrators like the president of UK? Are you looking for a place to connect with faculty and staff on a personal level? After Office Hours is hosted by Residence Life and brings staff, faculty, and student leaders to you! This program gives students an opportunity to speak with a variety of offices at UK in an informal setting. Come with your questions and stories to After Office Hours. Residence Life will provide a panel of staff, faculty, and student leaders at each location where you can ask questions and share food together. Pay attention to communication from your RA or @UKHouseResLife on Twitter for more information.
UP, UP and UK
Thursday, September 12, 5 - 8 p.m., Pieratt Fields
- Join Campus Housing for UP, UP and UK! There will be free food, hot air balloon rides, carnival games, and more! Sponsored by Campus Housing.
- You and your family are invited to campus this fall to experience a great Wildcat tradition - Family Weekend, September 13-15, 2019! Take part in a wide variety of events that showcase the best of UK and the Lexington community. For all the details, visit www.uky.edu/familyweekend.
Education Abroad Fall Fair
Wednesday, September 18, 2 - 5 p.m., Gatton Student Center Ballroom
- As our largest event of the year, the EA Fall Fair is truly a one-stop-shop for all the international education opportunities available at the University of Kentucky. Faculty and staff wanting to learn more about UK Education Abroad are welcome to attend, too!
Student Involvement Fair
Thursday, September 19, 11:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m., Gatton Student Center
- The Office of Student Organizations and Activities invites students to come and explore all that UK has to offer. Many of the 550+ clubs and organizations on campus will be in attendance to share what they do and how students can join! Students will receive information about organizations they are interested in and have an opportunity to sign up to join. Visit GetInvolved.uky.edu for more information or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday, September 25, 3 - 5 p.m., Barker Plaza
- Join WellKentucky and our campus partners for an evening of music, games, food, giveaways, and much more! Visit www.wellkentucky.org for more information.
October 6 - 13
- Don't miss out on all the exciting events planned for Homecoming 2019! This annual tradition will be celebrated with a royalty showcase, DanceBlue 5K, NPHC step show, UK vs. Arkansas football game, and much more. See the full schedule of events on the UK Homecoming website, and follow along on Twitter @UKHomecoming or on Facebook: University of Kentucky Homecoming.
Before every home football game
- Gameday zone is the official UK student gameday celebration! Connect with fellow students and members of the UK community while celebrating UK athletic traditions. Gameday zone starts 2.5 hours before kick-off. Festivities include free game tickets to the first 100 students* free food and door prizes, a live DJ, games, and activities. Beer and cider will available for purchase for attendees 21 and over (ID required). All UK students welcome! Student ID is required for entry and each student is also welcome to bring 2 guests. For more details, visit, www.go.uky.edu/gameday. *no free tickets on September 14.