- Call the K Week office at 859-257-6597 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. or email KWeek@lsv.uky.edu. Be sure to get your K Crew leader's cell phone number and email address so that you can ask any questions you have during K Week and throughout your first year at UK. Visit K Week online at www.uky.edu/KWeek.
- K Lot at Kroger Field will offer free parking throughout K Week. Free parking is available in Parking Structure #5. The garage will be open and free of charge starting Wednesday, August 21 at 5 p.m. and ending Sunday, August 25 at 10 p.m.
UK Transportation Services has a helpful website with parking maps, bus schedules, and everything you need to know about getting around campus. Visit www.uky.edu/transportation for more information.
Campus Bus Routes
- The Blue and White routes can take you around campus and to and from K Lot at Kroger Field. Use the TransLoc Rider app or visit uky.transloc.com to find the closest bus. Be sure to select both Lextran and the University of Kentucky under Current Transit Systems in order to access all campus routes on the app.
Visit www.uky.edu/transportation for route and schedule information, including special hours of operation during K Week.
Campus Map and Campus Tours
- The K Week mobile app is the best place to look to find out where all the events will be held. You will take a campus tour with a K Crew leader on Sunday, August 25 to help you find your classes as well as places to eat and hang out.
Note event locations on the K Week schedule and pay attention to buildings with similar names to make sure you know where you are going. We don't want you to be confused by the Gatton Student Center and the Gatton College of Business and Economics, Memorial Hall and Memorial Coliseum, Patterson Office Tower and Patterson Hall, and Anderson Tower and the Ralph G. Anderson Building.
UK Policies on Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs, and Firearms
- Be aware that the university's policies on tobacco, alcohol, drugs, and firearms are strictly enforced. Please visit www.uky.edu/studentconduct to review the Code of Student Conduct and familiarize yourself with campus policies. Make note that tobacco use, drug use, and the illegal use of alcohol are prohibited on campus. Possession of firearms and other weapons is also prohibited.
Download the LiveSafe App
- The University of Kentucky is committed to your safety. UK Police and Student Government have launched the LiveSafe app in order to better address safety concerns that inevitably occur on a large college campus near a metropolitan area. The university strongly encourages students to be aware of such issues and take safety measures seriously.
Share Information - App users can submit tips for suspicious activity, harassment, or event a malfunctioning traffic signal, all with two-way text communications with the police. You can submit pictures or videos with your tip straight from your mobile phone. Tips can be submitted anonymously if you choose.
Have Your Friend's Back with SafeWalk - Participate in a virtual escort and monitor your friend's location in real-time on a map. Users can chat with one another or call 911, if needed, from within the app.
Navigate Campus - Access a building list and receive turn-by-turn walking or driving directions to any building on the Lexington campus.
Summon Emergency Help - Call 911 or 859-257-UKPD or message campus police in an emergency from within the app. Safety officials can leverage location data in an emergency, allowing faster response times!
Access Emergency Information and Resources - Fast access to campus emergency procedures as well as on and off campus resources.
Download "LiveSafe" from Goggle Play or the App Store. Select "U. of Kentucky" as your school. Sign up with your name and information.
We Want Your Feedback!
- We would love your help improving K Week! All feedback you provide us is invaluable and greatly appreciated. Feel free to email your feedback to KWeek@lsv.uky.edu. Additionally, after K Week you may receive a link to a survey asking you to tell us your thoughts about K Week. We rely on the survey results to improve K Week each year, so we appreciate you taking the time to fill it out. Thank you for your help!
Would you like to be on K Crew next year?
- If so, email KWeek@lsv.uky.edu, and we'll contact you when the application is available.
- UK has a leadership experience meant exclusively for new students just like you! Join the First-Year Forum, share your experiences as a new student, and inform future programming for incoming Wildcats. You'll participate in monthly meetings and offer feedback and suggestions based on your experience. We'll feed you, connect you to others on campus, and hook you up with some free swag too. To learn more, visit www.uky.edu/firstyearforum.