- Email KWeek@lsv.uky.edu or call the K Week office at 859-257-6597 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Be sure to get your K Crew leader's cell phone number and email address so that you can ask any questions you have during K Week and throughout your first year at UK. Visit K Week online at www.uky.edu/KWeek.
- What is an Event Pass?
Your Event Pass is a unique QR code that you will use to check in to events at UK. At all K Team meetings, your K Crew leader will use their phone to scan your Event Pass, which will instantly capture your attendance.
At many other K Week events, including Campus Ruckus, your Event Pass will also be scanned by event organizers to take attendance, and allow you to claim free t-shirts and other giveaways!
Not only is Event Pass used to take attendance for K Week events, but you will continue to use it throughout your entire time at UK as your "ticket" to attend many events put on by student organizations.
How do I find my Event Pass?
Open your web browser and go to uky.campuslabs.com/engage.
Log in using your LinkBlue ID and password.
Click on your profile picture or initials in the top right corner.
Select "Event Pass"
Save this QR code on your phone. You can add it to your Apple Wallet or Google Pay, screenshot it, or print a copy to bring with you to events.
When will I need my Event Pass?
You will use your Event Pass at these K Week events:
K Team Meetings
New Student Induction Ceremony
Pick Your Path
It's always a good idea to have your Event Pass handy if you are going to any K Week event!
Parking and Transportation
During K Week, free parking is available on campus in K Lot at Kroger Field and in the Cornerstone Garage on South Limestone (PS #5). Beginning Monday, August 17, all University parking lots return to normal permit control and all vehicles must be parked in their assigned areas and properly display the appropriate valid UK parking permit.
On-campus bus transportation will be available this fall - starting on August 12th - on the Blue Route, which can be tracked using the TransLoc app (uky.transloc.com).
Transportation Services is open weekdays from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will have extended Saturday hours from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on August 1, 8, and 15. The customer service center will also be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday, August 16. For the first week of classes, the office will be open from 7:30. a.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, August 17, through Friday, August 21.
If you have questions or need more information, please call 859-257-5757 or email UK Transportation Services. Follow them on Twitter @UKParking. For more information on parking and transportation on campus, visit www.uky.edu/transportation.
UK Policies on Tobacco, Alcohol, Drugs, and Firearms
- Be aware that the university's policies on tobacco, alcohol, drugs, and firearms are strictly enforced. Please visit www.uky.edu/studentconduct to review the Code of Student Conduct and familiarize yourself with campus policies. Make note that tobacco use, drug use, and the illegal use of alcohol are prohibited on campus. Possession of firearms and other weapons is also prohibited.
Download the LiveSafe App
- The University of Kentucky is committed to your safety. UK Police and Student Government have launched the LiveSafe app in order to better address safety concerns that inevitably occur on a large college campus near a metropolitan area. The university strongly encourages students to be aware of such issues and take safety measures seriously.
Share Information - App users can submit tips for suspicious activity, harassment, or event a malfunctioning traffic signal, all with two-way text communications with the police. You can submit pictures or videos with your tip straight from your mobile phone. Tips can be submitted anonymously if you choose.
Have Your Friend's Back with SafeWalk - Participate in a virtual escort and monitor your friend's location in real-time on a map. Users can chat with one another or call 911, if needed, from within the app.
Navigate Campus - Access a building list and receive turn-by-turn walking or driving directions to any building on the Lexington campus.
Summon Emergency Help - Call 911 or 859-257-UKPD or message campus police in an emergency from within the app. Safety officials can leverage location data in an emergency, allowing faster response times!
Access Emergency Information and Resources - Fast access to campus emergency procedures as well as on and off campus resources.
Download "LiveSafe" from Goggle Play or the App Store. Select "U. of Kentucky" as your school. Sign up with your name and information.
We Want Your Feedback!
- We would love your help improving K Week! All feedback you provide us is invaluable and greatly appreciated. Feel free to email your feedback to KWeek@lsv.uky.edu. Additionally, after K Week you may receive a link to a survey asking you to tell us your thoughts about K Week. We rely on the survey results to improve K Week each year, so we appreciate you taking the time to fill it out. Thank you for your help!
Would you like to be on K Crew next year?
- If so, email KWeek@lsv.uky.edu, and we'll contact you when the application is available.
- UK has a leadership experience meant exclusively for new students just like you! Join the First-Year Forum, share your experiences as a new student, and inform future programming for incoming Wildcats. You'll participate in monthly meetings and offer feedback and suggestions based on your experience. We'll feed you, connect you to others on campus, and hook you up with some free swag too. To learn more, visit www.uky.edu/firstyearforum.