We know from experience that coming to college can be overwhelming as you are meeting new people and finding your way around campus. To help ease the transition, we have recruited more than 240 of UK’s best student leaders to assist you with your first semester on campus. These students are members of K Crew, and they will be helping you and the other new students on your K Team, a group of 15 - 20 new students, throughout your first semester on campus. You will attend several K Week events with your K Team, so don’t worry about going to events alone or finding your way around by yourself.
How are K Teams Assigned?
In an effort to help you start building relationships early with the people you will be living with/near, K Teams are assigned based on where you will be living. If you are living on campus, you will be placed on a K Team with neighbors, roommates, and other students from your residence hall. If you will be living off campus, you will be in a K Team with other students who live in your neighborhood or surrounding areas.
What is My K Team Number?
K Teams are assigned in August and announced a few days before K Week begins. You will be able to find your K Team number by downloading the K Week mobile app (download UK Guides in your app store and click on the K Week guide; you can also find the app online here) and searching for your residence hall room number or off-campus location/neighborhood. If you are living on campus, you will also have the opportunity to learn your K Team number at your residence hall check-in.
If you are living off campus, you will have another opportunity to learn your K Team number at the K Team meeting on Wednesday, August 21.
When do K Teams Meet?
New students will meet with their K Team and assigned K Crew leader at least four times during K Week:
- K Team meeting – Wednesday, August 21 -- On-campus students will meet in their residence halls at 6:15 p.m. Off-campus students will meet at the Field Club Room at Kroger Field (free parking is available). Your K Team assignment is based on where you are living; you can check the K Week mobile app to verify your K Team number.
- New Student Induction Ceremony – Thursday, August 22, meet at 9:30 a.m. outside your residence hall or designated location for off-campus students.
- K Team Dinner – Friday, August 23, from 6 - 8 p.m., location chosen by K Team.
- K Team Brunch – Saturday, August 24, at various times and meeting locations between 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Check the K Week app and communication from your K Crew leader.
- Classrooms Tour/K Week Celebration -- Sunday, August 25 at various times and meeting locations between 6:30-9 p.m. Check the K Week app and communication from your K Crew leader.
All K Week events are on UK’s campus. If you live off campus, free parking is available in K Lot at Kroger Field.
August in Lexington can be on the warmer side. Be sure to stay hydrated while you are out and about for K Week. UK has provided many filtered water refilling stations on campus. To see a map of all the water refilling stations, visit http://bit.ly/UKWaterRefillingStations.