K2 Spring Semester Welcome: January 7, 2022
In light of the announcement that UK will be closed on Friday, January 7, K2 will not take place.
While the safety of our students is our top priority, we are sorry that the weather has impacted our ability to spend time with our newest Wildcats and further orient them to UK. We are working on ways to connect new spring semester undergraduates with the valuable information and fun giveaways that they would have received at K2. Please email KWeek@lsv.uky.edu to request more details.
President Capilouto recorded a special message of welcome for K2 participants.
- Get to know other new students
- Learn more about UK
- Start getting involved in campus life
- Feel ready for your first day of classes on Monday
K2 is the second step in the orientation process to UK and is meant to supplement your Big Blue Nation Orientation experience. Free parking is available in the Cornerstone Garage on South Limestone; the exit gates will be raised at 4:30 p.m. prior to the program's conclusion.
View an overview of the K2 schedule below! Email us at KWeek@lsv.uky.edu with any questions.
K2 Overview - Friday, January 7, check-in begins at 12:30 p.m. at the Gatton Student Center's Worsham Cinema. K2 will run from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. and conclude with optional programming.
Register for the event here. Registration closes at 12 noon on January 6.
- Free parking is available for K2 participants in the Cornerstone Garage on South Limestone; the exit gates will be raised at 4:30 p.m. prior to the program's conclusion.
- Check-in: 12:30 p.m. - 1 p.m.
- Welcome to UK
- Strategies for Academic Success
- UK Trivia
- Breakout Sessions
- First-year students
- Transfer students
- First-generation students
- Off-campus students
- Getting Involved at UK
- Campus Tour and Dinner at Champions Kitchen: 5 p.m.
- optional for interested students who want assistance finding their classes and want to get to know other new students better
Questions? Contact K2 staff by email at KWeek@lsv.uky.edu.