Parents and Families
K Week is August 13 - 16, 2020!
K Week, UK’s fall welcome week, is four days of events and activities designed to help ease the social and academic transition to the University of Kentucky for new students.
Parents and families have always been an important part of the K Week experience on campus, and while this year is no different, the nature of the participation will shift online beyond residence hall move-in due to COVID-19 and the need for social distancing. Families will not be able to attend K Week events in person but are invited to support their new Wildcat in the following ways:
- Cat Chat Live is an interactive resource designed to help you connect with faculty, staff, and students and answer some of your questions about UK. To participate in Cat Chat Live, simply go to the UK Parents Facebook page and watch or view recorded videos on the Cat Chat Live website the day after each live presentation. A special summer series is planned to help you get your student ready for the fall semester. To view a list of dates, times, and presenters, visit www.uky.edu/catchatlive.
- Fall 2020 move-in has been scheduled for August 8-13 for new students. Please visit www.uky.edu/housing/fall-move-in-2020 for more information about move-in.
New Student Induction Ceremony
- On Thursday, August 13, new students will gather in their K Teams (in person and virtually) to view the New Student Induction Ceremony, a longstanding K Week tradition in celebration of our Wildcat community. Families are encouraged to view the live stream from home.
- Letters from Home invites you to write letters to your students through an online form to give them some encouragement during the first few weeks of classes. Letters will be accepted Monday, August 3, 2020 through Sunday, August 16, 2020. To submit a letter, visit www.uky.edu/studentservices/PFA/letters-home.
- We know that you may have taken photos of your students every year on their first day of school, and we don't want to break that tradition now! On the first day of classes each fall semester, the Parent and Family Association takes photos of students to commemorate their first day. Learn more at www.uky.edu/studentservices/PFA/first-day-school-photos.
Download the UK Guides mobile app for your Apple or Android to access the K Week Guide.
Visit the K Week FAQs page for answers to your K Week questions.
Contact the K Week staff with any additional questions at KWeek@lsv.uky.edu.
Email the Parent and Family Association with questions unrelated to K Week at email@example.com.