If you have questions about the schedule, please contact KWeek@lsv.uky.edu.
Saturday, August 24
K Team Brunch: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., Ask your K Crew leader for designated meeting location
- All new students will meet with their K Teams to enjoy a yummy, free Saturday brunch! Check with your K Crew leader to find out where to meet. Attendance will be taken. Sponsored by K Week.
EMPOWER: Women’s Leadership Program Info Session: 2 p.m. - 3 p.m., 334 White Hall Classroom Building
- Join the women of EMPOWER to learn more about our program and how to get involved! EMPOWER is a women's leadership program that includes an overnight retreat, monthly leadership and social events, and community service. All are welcome! Sponsored by Student Organizations and Activities.
One Smart Cookie: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., All Study locations (The Study North @ Jewell Hall, The Study Central @ Donovan Hall, and The Study South @ Woodland Glen III)
- Stop by for free cookies, t-shirts, and swag! Learn more about all Transformative Learning offers to support students' academic success including The Study & Academic Coaching. Sponsored by Transformative Learning.
Shabbat Luncheon: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., 568 Columbia Avenue
- Join the Chabad-Jewish Student Center in a fun Shabbat lunch! Get to know your fellow students over a great meal and learn more about what the JSC has to offer! Sponsored by Chabad - Jewish Student Union.
United Greek Council’s Uni-Tie Dye: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., Barker Plaza (outside the Gatton Student Center)
- The United Greek Council is the governing body for fraternities and sororities that have a special-interest or cultural focus. Join the organizations for free t-shirts and other items to tie dye! Sponsored by United Greek Council.
Wildcat Rummy: 2 p.m. - 4 p.m., 114 Jacobs Science Building
- Don't know how to play rummy? Doesn't matter! Come play games, make new friends, and earn points to bid on prizes in the world's most cutthroat penny auction. Sponsored by Cats for Christ.
AMSA Pre-Med Fest: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m., Atrium – Jacobs Science Building
- Learn about valuable service opportunities from international medical training to cake decorating! Build clinical skills at a suturing lesson! Connect with peers and professionals! Join us at Pre-Med Fest! Sponsored by American Medical Student Association.
LCD’s Outdoor Bash: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m., Woodland Glen Courtyard and Basketball Court
- Sports, sports & more sports! Make relationships with other UK students and celebrate the end to your summer with free food, outdoor recreation, and fun! Sponsored by Lexington Campus Disciples.
World’s Largest Game of Knockout: 2 p.m. - 5 p.m., Memorial Coliseum
- Come “knock out" a world record your first week of school with the biggest game of knockout EVER. The grand prize is a student season ticket pass for the winner and the runner up for UK football and men's basketball! Sponsored by UK Athletics and Team Wildcat.
Open Gaming – Tabletop and Roleplaying Games Club: 2 p.m. - 8 p.m., 221 Jacobs Science Building
- The Tabletop and Roleplaying Games Club will be hosting an open gaming session for incoming students during K Week! We will be providing a library of tabletop games to choose from and will have free light snacks. Sponsored by Tabletop and Roleplaying Games Club.
Student Government Association Open House: 2 p.m. - 8 p.m., Student Government Office, A267 Gatton Student Center
- Want to learn more about Student Government? Meet SGA's leaders, and learn how you can get involved! Sponsored by Student Organizations and Activities.
American Sign Language Deaf & Culture Club Presents Signing: 3 p.m. - 4 p.m., Briggs Theater, Fine Arts Guignol Building
- Come by to learn basic signs and the UK fight song and talk about accessibility! Sponsored by American Sign Language Deaf & Culture Club.
Kentucky Racing Open House: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., Engineering Quadrangle Courtyard
- Want to see some real racecars? Come by and learn about the UK Solar Car Team and Formula Kentucky, view the cars, and find out how you can join! Sponsored by Kentucky Racing (UK Solar Car Team and Formula Kentucky).
Alpha Phi Omega: Field Day!: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., Pieratt Fields (Johnson Center Fields)
- Join us for some races, games, and competitions for bragging rights! Get to know some of the friendly faces in Alpha Phi Omega and learn a little bit about us! In the event of inclement weather, the event will be held in the Seaton Center Gymnasium. Sponsored by Alpha Phi Omega.
Craft & Chat: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., Bradley Hall Courtyard
- Just moved in to your new residence hall or apartment? Join the UK International Center to make your own special decorations for your space! Sponsored by UK International Center.
Dunk n’ Donuts: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., Woodland Glen Courtyard and Basketball Court
- Come join us for a 3v3 basketball tournament outside the Woodland Glen complex! Come as a team or as an individual and we'll find a team for you. Donuts and free merch will be provided on a first come, first serve basis while supplies last. Come play or come watch and cheer on the sidelines - we'll have some lawn games set up, too. Sponsored by Reformed University Fellowship.
Main Lawn Mingle at Stoll Field: 4 p.m. – 6 p.m., Stoll Field (between GSC and Singletary Center)
- This is an opportunity for men interested in participating in the IFC Recruitment process to meet all 21 IFC organizations. Free pizza and Kona Ice will be provided. Sponsored by Interfraternity Council (IFC).
Taste the Church: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., UK BCM, 429 Columbia Ave
- Looking for a church home in Lexington or interested in learning more about faith? Meet at the Baptist Campus Ministry at 4 p.m. to come along as our student leadership welcomes you into three churches in Lexington that would love to be your home away from home! Come hungry! Sponsored by Baptist Campus Ministries.
National Pan-Hellenic Council’s Minority Student Welcome: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., Rose Street walkway to W.T. Young Library
- The National Pan-Hellenic Council is the coordinating body of nine historically African American fraternities and sororities. Join the seven active chapters here at UK along with other minority student organizations for free food and games! Sponsored by National Pan-Hellenic Council.
Cru Cookout: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., Singletary Center for the Arts Lawn
- Make summer last! We're grilling up burgers and hotdogs! Hang out with us over some outdoor games and music. Make great friends! Win awesome door prizes like an ENO hammock, Amazon gift cards, and more! Free t-shirts while they last! Sponsored by Cru.
Biscuits & Groovy at the App Center: 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., UK Appalachian Center, 624 Maxwelton Court
- Free t-shirts, free biscuits and gravy, and free App Center swag! Grab your friends and join us to learn about all the fun projects we have going on, our minor and undergraduate certificate programs, and meet the director, Dr. Kathryn Engle! Sponsored by Appalachian Center and Appalachian Studies Program.
What’s the Scoop on Service?: 7 p.m. – 8 p.m., 331 White Hall Classroom Building
- Come on out to grab a scoop of ice cream and talk about getting involved in Alternative Service Breaks! Alternative Service Breaks, or ASB, is a student-run service organization that coordinates service immersion trips over academic breaks. Tonight we'll be discussing the many social issues that ASB serves and sharing how you can get involved as early as this fall! Sponsored by UK Alternative Service Breaks.
Gatton Student Center Spectacular: 8 p.m. - 12 a.m., Gatton Student Center
- A tradition to rival all others, Student Center Spectacular, the longest running K Week event, is the perfect way to spend your evening! The newly renovated Gatton Student Center’s many organizations, programs, and services will be on display, collaborating for a night full of free fun for all. Join us for Comedy Caravan in the Cats Den, diversity projects with the Martin Luther King Center and Office of LGBTQ* Resources, an assortment of games and novelties from the Student Activities Board, free food from UK Dining, and much more! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to check out all the Gatton Student Center has to offer! Sponsored by UK Student Center, Student Activities Board, the K Week Office, WRFL, Center for Student Involvement, Office of LGBTQ* Resources, UK Dining, Martin Luther King Center, Student Government, PNC Bank, UK Federal Credit Union, UK Bookstore, Campus Recreation, and UK Police.