Sunday, August 16
K Team Classrooms Tours: all day, various locations
- All new students will meet with their K Teams for a campus tour to help them find their classes and other important destinations on campus. Check with your K Crew leader to find out where to meet (in person or online) and what time to attend.
- Can't attend your K Team's scheduled tour time and want an in-person tour? Meet at the Patterson statue outside Patterson Office Tower at 4 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5 p.m., or 5:30 p.m. K Board student leaders will be taking small groups of students around campus to find classrooms and the best spots to dine, study, and hang out around campus.
- Want a virtual tour? Visit https://visit.uky.edu/virtual-visit.
- Sponsored by K Week.
Wildcats at Worship: 10:30 a.m. - 11:50 a.m., Memorial Hall Amphitheater
- This is a time for students from multiple campus ministries to worship together. Don't know where to go for church on your first Sunday morning? We're bringing church to you. Worship music, student testimonies, and free breakfast. Sponsored by Christian organizations within Religious Advisors Staff.
UKirk Lexington Meet-and-Greet: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., Maxwell Street Presbyterian Church parking lot (180 E. Maxwell St.)
- UKirk Lexington is the Presbyterian (PC(USA)) campus ministry to UK, Transylvania University, and BCTC. We are open and affirming of all gender identities and sexualities, welcoming of any faith background from none to doubting, and justice and service-oriented. Come by Maxwell Street when the church would normally be having in-person worship to meet some current UKirkers, grab some cinnamon rolls and coffee, and get some more information! We hope to meet you soon! Sponsored by UKirk Lexington.
iPad Tips & Tricks Workshop: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., WebEx
- Please join us for an exciting iPad Tips & Tricks Workshop! Come see how the Apple Platform for Learning can help you be more innovative, take better notes, and learn more about the iOS shortcuts. There will also be time for open Q & A surrounding all things iPad. The speakers of these workshops are college students from institutions across the country provided by Apple. This session will be done virtually through the WebEx platform. All you have to do is click the link to join directly: https://appleinc.webex.com/appleinc/j.php?MTID=m172de9e639c57d72acdd1d32f1acb62f. Sponsored by Smart Campus Initiative.
- BBNvolved link - https://uky.campuslabs.com/engage/event/6164986
Worship & Walking Tacos: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m., Wesley Foundation (508 Columbia Ave)
- Food, fun, and faith! Come for a time of outdoor worship and stay for some tasty walking tacos and a free t-shirt! Free food and an upbeat and casual Christian worship service. Everybody is welcome! Sponsored by Wesley Foundation.
I Wanna Dance(Blue) With Somebody: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Outside White Hall Classroom Building
- Stop by our table to learn more about the beloved campus tradition, DanceBlue, the University of Kentucky's dance marathon, and how you can get involved. No need to come the whole time, just stop by, ask your questions, grab some swag, and be For The Kids! Learn more about this event on our social media (Instagram - @uk_danceblue; Facebook - DanceBlue; Twitter - @ukdanceblue;` TikTok - @ukdanceblue). We hope to see you there! Sponsored by DanceBlue.
Fall Bucket List: 12 – 6 p.m., Center for Student Philanthropy; A260 Gatton Student Center
- The Student Philanthropy Board is hosting a Fall Bucket List challenge! Complete the bucket list of UK traditions then visit the Center for Student Philanthropy to claim your prize! Check out our Instagram @ukycsp for details! Sponsored by Center for Student Philanthropy.
10 Things to Know as a New Transfer Student: 1 – 2 p.m., Zoom
- Do you have questions about being a transfer student at UK? The Transfer Center staff has your answers! Come join them for a discussion of 10 need-to-know tips to ensure your first year at UK is an awesome one. https://uky.zoom.us/j/99780561412. Sponsored by Transfer Center.
Meet the UK Police Orientation: 1 – 2 p.m., Zoom
- Join us for an orientation presentation on what UK Police does around campus, how you can get involved, safety apps to download, meeting the K9's, and more. There will be time for Q&A with our community service officers. https://uky.zoom.us/j/93430117171. Sponsored by UKPD.
Bike UK!: 1 – 2:30 p.m., YouTube or Twitch
- Learn about bicycle programs and infrastructure at UK, provide feedback, and stay tuned for the giveaways! $20 gift cards to Cup of Commonwealth, Bicycle Face, Broomwagon, Great Bagel, and Common Grounds to be given out every 15 minutes! Plus, learn how to win the GRAND PRIZE: a free bicycle from Pedal Power, or free burritos for a year from Girls Girls Girls Burritos! Access the event by viewing our YouTube channel RideBlueKY: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvzrXjoSzljwuAD3xpvRsZA?view_as=subscriber or our Twitch channel RideBlueKY: https://www.twitch.tv/rideblueky. Sponsored by Transportation Services.
A Different World Student Success Panel!: 1 – 3 p.m., Gatton Student Center Senate Chamber and Zoom
- Please join us for a panel to learn how YOU can be successful in your first year of college at UK. Hear from the presidents of these organizations as they will offer you the inside scoop on how to be the best student that you can be. Session 1 is from 1-1:50 p.m. and includes the National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), and Underground Perspective (UGP). Session 2 is from 2-2:50 p.m. and include the Black Student Union (BSU), MANNRS, and National Association of Black Accountants (NABA). Students are welcome to stay for both sessions. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZclce-upj4sGNDRrqOgLU0ZSS_ozBL9tywv. Sponsored by Black is Gold Organization.
Are You Ready for Your First Class?: 1:30 – 2:15 p.m., Zoom
- Classes are starting soon – do you feel ready? Our K Board have insider tips for academic success at UK. They’ll share practical advice, connections to UK resources, and ways they have managed and organized their academic and social lives. Take advantage of their expertise! https://uky.zoom.us/j/98684563615. Sponsored by K Week.
Roommate 101: Communicating for Success: 2 – 3 p.m., Zoom
- Join Off-Campus Student Advising for an introduction to and basic overview of conflict management styles, how to navigate challenging conversations, and tools needed to communicate best with your roommates. https://uky.zoom.us/j/92518589871. Sponsored by Student Transitions and Family Programs - Off-Campus Student Advising and Office of Student Conduct.
#UKLifeHacks Virtual Panel: 2 – 3 p.m., Zoom
- Join our virtual panel of experienced UK students to get answers to all of your questions about how to make the most of your first semester at UK! https://uky.zoom.us/j/93745745888. Sponsored by Transformative Learning (The Study + Academic Coaching).
Pretzels and Pictionary: 2 – 3:30 p.m., 106 White Hall Classroom Building
- We don't have to limit ourselves to just Pictionary, either! Goodies and Games? Confections and Competition? Just know this - fun things and delicious things will be available. Come hang out with the Cats for Christ fam! Sponsored by Cats for Christ.
Financial Wellness/Aid Forum: 3 – 4 p.m., Zoom
- We will talk about ways to budget and save during these uncertain and difficult financial times for students. We will also discuss work study and student employment opportunities for students. https://uky.zoom.us/j/92333634409. Sponsored by Financial Wellness and Financial Aid.
Speed Friending: 3:30 – 4:15 p.m., Zoom
- The best part of K Week is the opportunity to meet new people, and you don’t even have to leave your room for this chance to make new friends! Our K Board student leaders are ready with creative ways to meet your fellow new students, so get on Zoom and get ready to have fun! https://uky.zoom.us/j/91622788337. Sponsored by K Week.
Exploring Sustainability at UK: 4 – 5 p.m., Zoom
- Come explore all things sustainability at UK! If you're interested in zero waste, campus trees, composting, renewable energy, or eco-conscious living, then this session is for you. https://uky.zoom.us/j/96723032690. Sponsored by Office of Sustainability.
Wildin' Out: 5 – 7 p.m., Jacobs Science Building Courtyard / Instagram Live: ugperspective / Twitter: #UGPWildin
- UGP invites all students to enjoy an afternoon filled with good music and a lot of fun, featuring our very own UGP Wild N' Out. Come join the family! Sponsored by Underground Perspective.
Chi Alpha Kickoff: 6 – 8 p.m., Barker Plaza outside the Gatton Student Center
- Welcome to UK! We're so excited to meet you! Come join us to hear live music, have a chance to get free t-shirts, and have an opportunity to meet some of your fellow Wildcats, all while maintaining social distancing. Chi Alpha is here for you, and we want to help you feel at home on campus! Sponsored by Chi Alpha.
Welcome to the Commonwealth!: 7:30 – 8:15 p.m., Zoom
- Attention out-of-state students, are you ready to learn more about your new home? Join the K Board for tips on how to get to know Lexington and the Commonwealth of Kentucky. They’ll share their favorite getaways, restaurants, and fun KY facts. https://uky.zoom.us/j/99880170128. Sponsored by K Week.
MAPS (Multicultural Association Pre-Health Students) Virtual Meeting: 8 – 10 p.m., Zoom MEETING HAS BEEN CANCELED MAPS is an organization that meets once a month to promote leadership, volunteer, and mentoring opportunities to pre-healthcare provider students - join us! https://uky.zoom.us/j/99246367759. Sponsored by MAPS (Multicultural Association Pre-Health Students).
Student Mass: 8:30 – 9:30 p.m., UK Catholic Newman Center
- Celebration of the Catholic mass set outside on the patio just for students. Rain or shine, see you there! Sponsored by Catholic Newman Center.
K Week Movie Under the Stars - Mean Girls: 9 – 10:30 p.m., Main Building Front Lawn
- SAB and SGA have come together to collaborate on a K Week Movie Under the Stars. Each student will be physically distant and required to wear a mask. Sponsored by Student Activities Board and Student Government Association.